Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Airport displaced after redrawing coastlines on island

Hi out there!After redrawing my greek island Skiathos half of the runway of Skiathos Airport is placed in the Sea. Can anybody recommand a program that makes it possible to fix this problem? (Obsiously MS has placed the runway in the wrong position! - Luis wrote about this earlier, so seem to be a rather common problem).Best RegardsLars

I can't completely remember, but wasn't it that MS used the correct position? Only the Greece airport data is published in a local projection and is therefore different. That is why all older addon sceneries show at the wrong positions.But why don't you just exclude the runway and place a new one with your scenery design program, so that is matches with the rest of the scenery?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno!What scenery design program (Freeware if possible) can I use for that task. I have only been wrking with Ground2K4 and LWMViewer.Lars

Are you working for Fs2004 only? In that case I think SceneGenX or AFCAD would be best, as these use the new format.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

All the Greek airports except LGAV, LGKR and LGTS are in the wrong position in FS2004.This is being addressed by a group of designers and you will shortly hear news about the project as well as other exciting sceneries for Greece.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Hi Lars.Being the suspicious sort, I downloaded the original landsat image, reprojected it, converted to bitmap.....In short, the image and georeferencing you have from Holger is good. As George states above, the problem affects Greece in general. You could build a new airfield with AFCAD2, or wait for someone else to make the changes.Note, changes in the runway locations will alter other aspects of the sim, such as navigation and AI traffic, and those will need adjustment as well.Dick

Hi Dick,Thanks for your answer (and you LWM Tutorial too! Will you make a new one for FS2004?). Do you know where I can find and download AFCAD2?CheersLars

Hi George,Is it possible to get in touch with the group of scenery designers in Greece? Maibee I could contribute to your work?CheersLars - Dania

Hi Dick,Thank you. I'll have a closer look at AFCAD2. I have been reading your LWM Tutorial a few times and it has contributed to me "revelation" concerning scenery design, which I find a bit troublesome for the beginner. Thank's for your good work here!. But I gues there have been some changes in relation to FS2004. Can you recommend me links on this forum where I can read some more about these changes?CheersLars