Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crater

Stock files and AFCAD2

hi,I noticed that some FS9 default airport files are classified by AFCAD2.21 not STOCK but already MOD.First question is: why?I noticed also that in this condition all applied modifications are not effective because the AF2_xxxx file can disable the STOCK but not the already MOD.Try it with INNSBRUCK airport.All suggestions are welcome.

Guest Diamond Dave

Innsbruck is showing as Stock on my computer. Have you installed any scenery for that area?AFCAD files can be placed anywhere, the only reason they are placed in the ADDON SCENERYSCENERY folder is it's auto configured on start up.

Guest Crater

There are two likely (possible) reasons for your problem: 1) one of your scenery addons has an AFD file in its directory as well as having a higher priority level than Addon Scenery, or 2) there are multiple AFD files for the airport in your Addon Scenery directory, one of which is getting loaded rather than the one containing your airport modifications. This usually happens if the existing AFD uses a different file naming scheme than the AFCAD AF2_xxxx scheme.I released a utility a couple of weeks back to help diagnose and solve problems like this. You can find it here on Avsim at:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=Root&DLID=45600The app decodes all AFD files it finds in the Addon Scenery directory, and optionally all addon sceneries. It lists the airports by ICAO code, allowing you to identify duplicate AFD files as well as (in the case of addon sceneries) look at the priority levels assigned to each.Eliot