Sign in to follow this  
Guest wideview

Need to set the coordinates more exact

Guest wideview

Hello guys,I am planning to add some library airport objects to the default scenery.How can I set the coordinates that they do not show :eg N52 16.50 ,but N52 16.50 xxxxx In a circle of 10-15 m the coordinates are the same and that is not precise enough to put a pushbacktruck in fornt of the gear.Thanks in adavance,Gerard SaldenTeam Wideview

Guest wideview

Hello Dick,The intention is to be in Fs and then with topdown I put the red cross near the aircraft.The coordinates I use to compile .What i need is in Fs itself more accurate coordinates.I remember back in the Fs2000 days you had to write down something in the cfg file and then it worked.That is what I am looking for.Thanks,

Guest Larrycx

Hi Gerald, I don't think you understand Dick's answer. Tcalc2004 will give you very exact coordinates. It uses FDSconnect.dll or FSUIPC.dll in the FS2004 modules folder to work with FS2004. You simply use the top down view in FS while in slew mode to place the airplane (cross) exactly where you want it. Next start Tcalc2004 and it will give you both decimal and degree-minutes format along with other FS grid system info. You can now close FS but leave Tcalc2004 open unless you have lotsa RAM. Now you copy the very exact coordinates to the clipboard with Ctrl-C by higlighting them first. Next paste them into where needed in the object code you are placing before compiling. Its down to a fraction of a meter. I think that FDSconnect comes with the Tcalc2004 download.Larry Costa

Guest luissa

>What i need is in Fs itself more accurate coordinates.Hello,You need to edit:C:Documents and SettingsUserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9FS9.CFGand check one line in the MAIN section:[MAIN]...DISPLAY_FRACTIONAL_MINUTES=0Regards, Luis

Guest wideview

Many thanks for the help,Gerard

This is an old post but I have the same problem, I would like to read the coordinates to the 4th decimal place in minutes. I have been reading them configured in degrees; minutes; and seconds to the 4th decimal place, then dividing by 60 to get the minute decimals - a bit cumbersome but it works. I guess there is no way that the FS display can give minutes to 4 decimal places?I downloaded Tcalc2004 and installed it but I cannot get it to give the correct coordinates when slewed over the spot I want to record - the numbers in Tcalc2004 bear no relation to the coordinates in FS. I have tried metric, East,West but I can get no correct record and I can see no logic in the Tcalc2004 numbers. Any ideas?NigelVancouver

GaborYes, I think you are correct, I downloaded this newer version after posting but it still has not resolved my problem. pls not that this string is quite old and I would be better starting a new string. I am also trying to use the XML Object placer by Arno and that looks to be an encouraging approachNigel

Hi Nigel,See the attached image. On the bottom right I can see the coordinates in any form you can dream of. What do you see in those boxes?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/122112.jpg

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno again!The latitude and longitude numbers bear no relationship to the coordinates of where I am positioned. If they were correct I would be very happy!Nigel

Hi Nigel,There is a bug in TCalc: you must restart it AFTER every FS9 restart, or it will just stick with the old coordinates from the last time it was used.I assume you already have an FDSConnection.Jon

Hi JonYes, FDSConnection.dll is in place, the coordinate readings in the box were the first readings, and I have checked with both full screen and windowed mode of FS.Nigel

Hi Nigel,This is weird. Have you tried using any of the other connection modules? If I remember correct TCalc will automatically switch to FSUIPC or FsConnect if FDSConnection is not found.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog