Sign in to follow this  
Guest wideview

Need to set the coordinates more exact

Hi ArnoI removed FDSConnection.dll and its log from Modules, then TCalc showed N/A in the coordinates boxes. I have FSUIPC (payware) and FsConnect inplace. Maybe your new ObjPlacer may help me when it comes out?Nigel

Hi Nigel.I believe that the Lago addon that places objects will overwrite the FS variables and screw up TCalc. ( Basically, Lago is "illegally' using that memory location in the sim. ) There could be another addon you're using that does the same thing. I wondered if FSUIPC would someday do this, and thereby block the use of other IPC modules... not a nice thought, but we are talking payware vs. freeware. :(I would suspect whatever it is, it would be in your Modules or Gauges folders. TCalc only works with FDSConnection, it doesn't switch to, or detect anything else. FSConnect, FSUIPC, and FDSConnection all allow viewing the same memory locations in the sim. Gauges also may interact with these variable locations. They all exist harmoniously... FSUIPC, FDSConnection, several gauges all address the same locations without any problem. But it seems there's always one in the crowd that won't follow the rules and play nice. :( Find the one that won't play nice, and you'll be able to disable it and get TCalc to work again.Dick

>I removed FDSConnection.dll and its log from Modules, then>TCalc showed N/A in the coordinates boxes. I have FSUIPC>(payware) and FsConnect inplace.My mind must be confusing me here. As Dick mentioned it only works with FDSConnection.As I also have FsConnect and FSUIPC (full payed version) installed, I am pretty sure these two are not causing the trouble.>Maybe your new ObjPlacer may help me when it comes out?You could already use the current one, that can read coordinates from FS (using FSUIPC). But it is not really designed to only read them, so you would have to pretend that you are placing something :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thx for the messages. I removed FSConnect, FSUIPC, and it still does not work. I have determined my coordinates by reading them in decimal seconds and converting them right away with a calculator into decimal minutes. Arno I tried ObjPlacer but it is in decimal degrees so I would still have to do a calulation to get to decimal minutes?Nigel

Hi Nigel,Yes, if you want them in degrees and decimal minutes you need to do some calulcations. But why do you want them in that format? I find working with the decimal degrees format a lot easier.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Ahah! Now I didn't know that, my first venture into the XML files showed them in the degrees/decimal minutes format so I thought that was fixed. I could have saved massive amounts of time!! Thx Arno, you may hear from me over at the scenery design forum, I am having some problems with the latest ObjPlacer but I think, with any luck, I am working through and resolving them. The curse of scenery design is that so often you seem to hit these massive roadblocks and never get anywhere and feel like tossing the whole thing. Then you have a breakthrough, usually from help on a forum, then you wonder what all your problem was!! I can see why you have those emoticons beating their head against a wall at your forum!regardsNigel

Guest Dasher7

Hi thereI use FSValues, it's clean, small, does the job well.I can't find it in avsim lib, try this:http://www.justflight.com/airlinerpilot/downloads_other.aspxIt does just what you were looking for..About problems with 3rd party software connecting to FS, could that be why I simply cannot get FSTFlatten to work?See my thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search-Dasher7

Thx, I have downloaded it and will give it a try although I think I have the new ObjPlacer0.8 doing the job okay. Cannot help you with FSFlatten,I'm afraid, sorry.Nigel