Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

EZ-Landclass

Guest pecrowther

An EZ question?I am using EZ-Landclass and want to change to the landclass shown in the scenery files 004b2su1.bmp - 004b2su7.bmp or 004h2su1.bmp - 004h2su7.bmp (farmland with square fields). What is the proper EZ-Landclass identifier?Thanks,Phil

Guest pecrowther

Thanks Holger,Unfortunately, that link doesn't seem to work for me. Either access denied or too many users.Phil

Hi Phil:oops - not sure why that would be (maybe he doesn't allow direct limks?). Anyway, here's the relevant text from that post:"To find out which landclass is used at a particular spot you could download TMFViewer, which is part of the FS Custom Terrain Textures SDK package - http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.asp - load the default landclass -SceneryBASESceneryworldlc.bgl - and use the jump-to and zoom functions to find the LOD13 landclass cell (approx. 1 sq km area) you're interested in.Unfortunately, the landclass numbers don't directly translate into the texture file names (which are stored in FS9SceneryWorldtexture). Orlando Sotomayor once created a lookup table for this purpose: http://home.att.net/~mesh64/nlcd_mapping.html (the TMFViewer readout is the "FS LC Class" column and the file name number is the "Base File Name" column). This table has not been updated for FS9 but it's a good start.For viewing the multitude of landclass textures, I highly recommend Martin Wright's TView tool, which gives you sheets of 100 thumbnails each: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htmIf you're working on a landclass project of your own it's also helpful to install Russel's test area in the far North (comes with EZ-Landclass). It shows all landclass types and their associated autogen side-by-side. "Cheers, Holger

Guest pecrowther

Very helpful!I found the sparse fields, but still a lot of houses! I was hoping for something like the 1 farmhouse per square mile, like we have here in Kansas. Since this is a military base, I'll convert them to barracks!Phil

Nice to see you back from vacation, Holger. Are you all sunburned?Hello Phil, the ground texture that you want (004 - corn and bean fields) is land class value 35. These are pretty small fields and not as large as those enormous grain fields in Kansas and the Midwest. But, use them if you like them.Gerrish Gray was kind enough to put togethe a comprehensive and very descriptive list of all the land class values and the ground textures that they use. I am sure that he would not mind if I sent it to you. If you are interested, just let me know.Best regards.Luis

Guest pecrowther

Luis,Yes, I would appreciate seeing the list. Looks like I almost guessed right. I don't need the fields to be quite as big as those in KS (1 mile square). The fields that I am trying to duplicate were sugar cane fields that were probably closer to 1 kilometer square. So those corn and bean fields might be just the right size. Thanks,Phil

Guest GerrishGray

Hi everyoneHere is that listing that Luis mentioned, as an archive containing both MS Excel and HTML formats.Thanks Luis!Hope it helpsGerrish

Guest JoeW

While doing the StaFlorida, Bob brown and I compiled a "catalog" of screen shots of the textures in FS2002. These still work in FS2004 (FS9). With the Soto list of the NCLD numbers you will be in the page.There are 2 or so tiles that are not in this , I'm told. They are grassland type tiles. If you do a search here at Avsim for Joe Watson or Bob Brown you should find it. It's named ...... " Catalog" Hope this helpsJoe W.