Sign in to follow this  
arno

Runways with yellow markings

Guest stianbh

Another question from me :)Is it possible to make a runway with yellow markings without making the shadow from the planes go under the markings?Thanks, Stian

How did you make those markings? And for which version of FS are you working? Sounds like you are using 3D object code to make ground polygons.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest stianbh

Hi again, Arno.Sorry, I didn't mention that it wasn't me who had made those markings. They were a part of another scenery of the airport I'm modifying. What I am looking for is a kind of a "tutorial" for making such runways like the one I was asking for in my first post.Stian

Hi Stian,I got the impression that you had already made them, but that you had a problem with the shadows :).The default runway only has white markings, so probably the easiest way to make your own markings is to use a program like GMax and design the markings that you want. Then export them (and if you are using modify the LayerCall).You could also use a program like FSSC or Airport, but I think you will get a less accurate result with these.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest stianbh

Thanks for your answer, but if you also could give me a step-by-step explanation of what you have to do to build such runways from scratch, I'd really appreciate it :) (I'm so new into this *lol*)

If you haven't designed any scenery before I would advise you to first learn the tools. For GMax you can use the tutorials that came with it and the scenery tutorial MS has provided as a SDK. Once you know how to work with the tool you can move to your project and make some markings.

Arno

Why not just amend the runway texture to yellow?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Because that would change all the airports in the world? Or do you mean something else.

Arno

Maybe that is what he wanted? What if you put the amended runway texture in the texture diirectory of the scenery project? Would it only change the scenery runway texture?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I think that has been tested before and did not work. But I can't completely remember.I think it is not realistic to change the entire world, as most airports have the white markings.

Arno