Sign in to follow this  
Guest ticosimmer

makemdl options

Guest rgc

Hi all...is it possible to set the makemdl options within gmax???what I mean is that for instance can I specify the lat and long plus the heading as it used to be possible in the previous versions of it...now it only self start working without any time for me to input data...cheersrgc

Hi,There is no need anymore to set the coordinates and heading, because these are set from the XML file when you place the object. GMax now creates a MDL file that contains no placement information and only the object.If you want access to the other options of MakeMDL (like crash detection, etc) you can use MDLCommander. If you install that you will get the options screen back. Or you can make a cfg file for MakeMDL. You can read more about that here:http://www.scenerydesign.org/modules.php?n...highlight=#1717

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest rgc

thanks a lot arno...I'll check it out cause I'm a newbie with this makemdl...cheersrgc

Guest rgc

So let me know if I understood this...I can then, after creating the mdl file and the xml file by the makemdl....once again compile the mdl file with makemdl and then choose the settings I want???...let say I don't want to modify the object I'm creating with gmax...and I just want it to be compiled and exported just from gmax....how can I do it then???

No, if you want to place the object you run the XML file through BGLComp. This causes the MDL file to be included in a BGL file (and thereby placed on the correct location).If you want other settings, like the crash detection, that are only available on the options screen you can install MDLCommand or use the CFG file and then they are used during your export from GMax. You still need the XML file to place the object afterwards.So you can not longer enter your coordinates in GMax.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest ticosimmer

well..thanks a lot Arno for all the help...you really make this forum a real tutorial place...!!!!by the way..where can i download the mdl command???

Guest ticosimmer

once again arno...thanks a lot...thanks