Sign in to follow this  
Guest UPS600

Default FS2004 exclude help

Guest UPS600

Greetings all!I have been making scenery for FS since FS98. I have a question regading default scenery excluding under FS2004.What I want is to exclude the default scenery for an airport, but keep the AFCAD data "visible", as in runways, taxiways, signs, nav data etc. I can make an exclude .bgl and it's done, but if I put an AFCAD2 file in my folder, I don't see the actual runways, taxiways etc. just AI traffic moving around in the big empty space I created with my exclude. What I want to do is lay down my API's on top of an AFCAD2 file.Can anyone point me in the right direction??CHEERS :D

Guest jersey shore

are you making the exclude box over the whole scenery?

Guest UPS600

All of the default buildings and autogen are located on the north side of the airport. My exclude box covers 2/3 of the airport. I simply wish to exclude the buildings/autogen but keep the runways taxiways.Thanks for the reply.:)

Guest gorchi

Hi!Make more small exclude boxes positioned at reference point of every house YOu want to exclude. Even for large hangar an exclude with size 10x10m would suffice.The next question is how to make these excludes. One way is old-fashined ones. In FSSC or Airport for Windows create excludes for objects (not for whole area!!!). The other way is using XML excludes and once upon a time, there was avsim file library, where You could also download XML Excluder...Hope it helps. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest UPS600

Thus the only way to exclude the default buildings and keep the default runways/taxiways etc. is to make small exclude areas for each building, coorect?The program you refer to, XML excluder, is it available elswhere???Thanks alot for the help :D

Guest UPS600

Roger :D Thanks guys!!One last thing. Are control towers library objects?? I believe they are, but correct me if i'm wrong.CHEERS :D

Guest fame

Hi UPS600:Take a look at the following:ExcBuilder - is a small program that helps you to create different types of exclude files. With this tool you can delete default taxiway signs, generic buildings, windsocks and many other objects through user-friendly interface without knowing anything about programming. Since it uses the new XML-based language it's compatible with FS2004 ONLY! I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),for this and other ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.

Guest jersey shore

about the control towers...they are library objects..but im not sure if you can add them to your scenery(the default fs2004 towers i mean)..i havent tried to use one of them but they have GUIDS for towers

Guest UPS600

I can probably call one up with the API that allows calling of default FS library objects.Thanks for the reply's guys!! Much appreciated.CHEERS :D