Sign in to follow this  

Look at this NEW BIRD!!!!!!

Captains-Although I'm always flattered to see postings from the fans of our products- it makes me exceedingly uncomfortable to see postings along this vein.Those of you who have known me during my 10 years around the online simming community know that I'm a big fan of moderation.At PMDG we develop add-ons that we feel are valuable to the learning and education of the simming community. To be frank- we are really not interested in whether a product is better if developed for the FLY or MSFS franchise. From where we sit- both products are exceedingly good at entirely different aspects of the hobby.There does not appear to be any way to quell the mud-slinging and fear-mongering that takes place between the two franchises- but from the standpoint of a developer who works on both platforms: The entire argument strikes me as exceedingly silly.Please, folks- let's focus on the task at hand. Enjoy a sim for it's capabilities and it's add-ons. The folks at PSS, Dream-Fleet, Wilco's PIC, PMDG and-the-like put lot's of heart and soul into products for everyone to enjoy. So go and enjoy them....don't waste the time fighting about them....Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Mr. L. AndersonOkkkk.. that does look very good!! But, why doesn't my PSS airbus look that good. lolHere is a screen shot of the B757 in lifelike quality( this is still in the early beta version I might point out):http://www.precisionmanuals.com/products/F...B757/757CO1.jpgHere is a nice pic. of the PMDG crew at work.. Robert is in the captains seat, and leftris is the FO.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...bce47285cab.jpgCheck out these shots.. Excellent:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...edb4dada835.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...eb84d7891cc.jpgYours Truly, :-walksmileCB

Agree here. Didn't really want to see this happen either! L.Adamson

>These shots are taken from a beta tester, using jpg format. Just FYI, a format with low resolution and clarity to provide fast page loads.> Well excuse the H$#@ out of me, I guess if it doesnt look good in its worst form how can I expect it to look good in its best form, I have yet to see any fly image to be realistic nor the scenery. If it is within a week of release then they should be showing their best...dont you think????????? which includes systems explainations, operationg procedures, etc. Hmmm let me look over my right shoulder to my book case where I keep my POH for my add-ons PIC has 224pages, Dreemfleet737 has 272 and PSS Airbus has 289pages all detailed with ops procedures and system explanations, so whats your point????This POST is presented in the wrong forum to begin with, did you lose your way to the FLY forum or do you have a reading deffeciency.Post about Fly products are completly unwaranted here.

ME either, I appologize for my one post regarding the REMEDIAL READING CLASSES.. it was a slightly low blow.Your's Truly,@-@CB

>>Okkkk.. that does look very good!! But, why doesn't my PSS >airbus look that good. lol >If you'd upgrade from the PII233, FS2002 would probably run better too! :) That PSS screenshot is one of my own collection that I took with my Athlon 1900XP/Geforce3Ti500.L.Adamson

Just a small suggestion....Keep the FLY! and FLYII! comments over at the FLY! forum, and keep the MSFS comments here...they are 2 different sims totally, and neither really has anything to do with the other, with the exception of they are both flight sims. That would be the easiest way to prevent such comments as seen above. Most of the time, the easiest way to prevent problems is to avoid them all together.Brian A. NeumanWooodbury, MN

Excuse Me! I thought AVSIM was a FLIGHT SIM community. Where everybody involved is part of a family. Do we need to get an attorney in worder to make a PC (Politically Correct) post here.

Capt Bob,As far as I am concerned - you can post on whatever forum you want. But at least do your homework and when you try to distinguish PMDG's aircraft from some MSFS aircraft (or, for that matter in the opposite direction) make sure you get your facts right. The number of pages in the manual is *not* the differentiating factor here. I have no problem with someone 'advertising' their favorite plane provided it is done in an intelligent manner so other can learn from the information included. Michael J.

MR. L. Adamson,:( :-bang :-sword If you'd upgrade from the PII233, FS2002 would probably run better too! That PSS screenshot is one of my own collection that I took with my Athlon 1900XP/Geforce3Ti500That is a completely abnoxious comment, and very insulting to me!!!!!!! I don't like your "NASTY" sacastic attitude.. just kidding.. lol :DI have a Athlon 800, 265mb ram, with a GF2 64mb video card.I think I should up grade to a P4 1.8.. asapThat scenery is just beautiful. Without question. Is that FS 2002 default scenery?Your's Truly, *:-* :-beerchug :-walksmileCB

Capt BobCan you say M S F S ????One more time there is a F L Y forum and P M D G forum here on A V S I M. Yep your the the one who need a workshop at the local Junior College.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE MR. HIFLYINGet your facts straight, before, projectile dihereaa comes out your mouth PLEASE!!

Guys, let me say that some here need to start being careful about your intention of posting about off-topic sims in the forums. And those of you stating loudly that there shouldn't be anything about Fly in the MSFS forum should be ready for it to go the other way also. If this thread is an example of how some are going to act, we'll just start removing any post that mentions a sim other than the one the forum is about. I personally don't want to do that because I think it would be silly, but then so are some of these instigating posts I've been seeing. Stating you think it is about time you post something over in the other forum doesn't really put your reputation in a good light.This IS supposed to be a "flightsim family". It is about time some start acting like it.

The first pic is the Island of Oahu, Hawaii.... & has a quick download third party mesh file.The second two are default scenery.L.Adamson