Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthiasS

BGL terrain format and VTPWidePoint data stream

Guest luissa

Hello Mathias,It seems to me that you came across the VTPChildPoint structure which was discussed in this forum. It is a structure not documented in the MS SDK docs. Please do a search with the keywords VTP and Child. Regards, Luis

Guest MatthiasS

YES ! Thanks so much, Luis. That is exactly it and it also explains that reserved = 3 anomaly.This forum rocks, I guess I should stop by here more often.

Hi Mathias.The latest copy of the BGLC macros for VTP and LWM terrain data are here:http://www.flatface.net/~rhumba/downloads/TDFMacros.zipYou can study the structure of the different data commads by looking at the macros.Also, a version of BGLC containing the new FS9 commands are here:http://www.flatface.net/~rhumba/downloads/BGLC_9_Source.zipDick

Guest MatthiasS

Thanks Dick, that helped me find some more discrepancies.Unfortunately I still run into one issue for which I have not found documentation.That is the reserved value in VTPPolyMethod2 (2 bits) being set to 1, 2 or 3. It must have some meaning cause my chugger goes out of sync after that. It only happens in a few files though (NAMWsceneryHL916190.bgl for example).Edit: correction ... I think there is just something wrong with my handling of VTPPolyMethod2Ex Matthias

Guest MatthiasS

Ok, I missed the part where VTPPolyMethod2Ex and VTPPolyMethod1Ex have changed to 16 bit values. It's getting through now with no more problems. Thanks again for all the help.Matthias