Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Refuel/Repair boxes

Guest MatthiasS

Sorry about all my questions but it seems everytime I figure something out I run into a new, unexpected problem.This time I am wondering how the refuel/repair sections are stored. When I read the trigger types for refuel/repair from the scenery object section in the bgl files I only find about 1800 or so. Where are the other tens of thousands ?Is there another way to create refuel/repair boxes instead of the scnery object trigger type ?As always, even the smallest hint or pointer is greatly appreciated !Matthias

Do you mean that you found only 1800 after looking through all airport BGL files of the entire world?I don't think all airports have a fuel area, but this amount indeed sounds a bit too low.As far as I know the default scenery only uses the method as described in the BGLComp SDK. I don't think the old method of Fs2002 (with a SetVar command to set the fuel level to maximum) is used anymore.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest MatthiasS

Exactly. I am searching through all files and I find 1860 refuel triggers. I find 23770 airports so I think I got it all covered. Those refuel triggers are in the new FS9 files. I am not aware of how they would be stored in the old files.I was also looking through the library objects and found 176078. I kinda thought maybe there is some generic refuel object but none show up at those locations so I don't think that is the case.If the FS2002 method is still used, where would I find that data ?Matthias

Hi Matthias,If it is in the objects, it must be in the MDL file and then it would probably use the old format. Currently I am not at home, so I don't have an example here, but it uses the SetVar command to set the fuel amount.If they would use the XML code it should show up in the file where they object is placed and then you would probably have found it already.I will try if I can find something when I get home, but I don't think they will still be using the old commands now that they have those new ones. I haven't really checked it, but maybe they haven't added fuel to all airport (just like in the real world, not all airport have fuel).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest MatthiasS

Hi Arno,I'll look into the SetVar stuff.The trigger list I extracted clearly only has a fraction of existing refueling stations. I have verified it with a few airports and there are many airports that have fuel stations but they aren't included in my extracted list. There's gotta be something else or I am doing something wrong. I was surprised not to find some kind of generic entry for it in the BGL's airport section even though I still suspect there is some unknown way of defininig it in there somehow.Matthias

Guest MatthiasS

:-jumpy I found the problem. When extracing the data I didn't realize that there may be a list of different(!) objects within each subsection. Instead I only read the first entry per subsection.I found now 7518 refuel triggers incl. the ones I was missing. I guess that sounds like a reasonable number. One gas station per 3 airports (unless I found duplicates but I don't think that's the case).Matthias

Guest JoeW

The Fuel square in Airport for Windows works fine in FS9. I use it all the time.You can't see it,. but it's there and it works.Joe W.