Sign in to follow this  
Guest flipper

Airports not showing in the airports menu.

Guest flipper

Hey guys, another question. How do you get new scenery made with fssc or xml to show up in the airport lists? I've got them to show up in the map and the GPS but not in the menu. Without them in the menu you can't set up a IFR flight plan to or from them! Lame!

You indicated FSSC or XML. If the scenery is FSSC or AFW generated, the old AFD file structure doesn't work in FS2004. You need to use the new XML structure provided by the FS2004SDK or AFCAD221. If the third party scenery is not your own, you can use AFCAD221 or later to add the information needed. If the third party scenery is your own, then you can use the SDKs or AFCAD221 to add the information.W. Sieffert

Guest flipper

Forgive me I'm kind of new at this stuff, the last time I tried any scenery work was with the old FSASM program for FS5.1 The scenery in question is one of my own I've been working on to add a private airport to my local area in FS2004. I used FSSC and 16N to build it because I couldn't figure out how to make a "flatten" area for the airport with XML. I don't see anything in the scenery (bglcomp) SDK of how to do that or how to add the airport to the menu. I guess the "flatten" area info will be with the terrain SDK when it comes out, but how do I add the airport to the menu in XML?Thanks!

You are correct about the flattens and they still are built using the old format. I recommend you download the FS2004SDKs - http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ ,downloads, FS2004SDK. You might also download the FS2002SDKs concerning terrain since it is still applicable. Also visit http://www.airportforwindows.com/ and download SCENEGENX . Visit the AVSIM and FLIGHTSIM libraries for AFCAD221*.ZIP, EXCBUILDERV2.ZIP, CREATSIGN*.ZIP, and keep reading the Scenery Design Forum for other tools.As I indicated in my first reply, AFCAD, FS2004SDK, or SCENEGENX will compile a small file that will provide the information necessary for the airport to show up in the airport menu.W. Sieffert

Guest flipper

I've got all of the SDK's from 2000, 2002, and 2004 downloaded but I've still got a lot of reading to do! I did figure out one thing, if I went to "goto airport" and do an addon scenery search, (the other selection at the bottom of the page) they show up there! I'll check out the other things you mentioned and see what else I come up with. :-beerchug Thanks for the help!