Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Structure of HPxxxxxx.BGL?

Happe easter!I'm wondering if anybody can give me a link to a description of the structure of the HP9*.BGL-file? I'm working on a little program which shall (I hope!) be able to selctively remove the default LOD8 and LOD13 water sections that are changed in Ground2K.Cheers, Lars

Hi Lars:it would be nice to have a "summary thread" of what we know about the HP9* files. I'm surprised, though, that you didn't start this post with a summary of the threads others and I already listed in response to similar questions of yours:- the MS FS2002 SDK documents- Richard's LWM tutorial- Richard's post about the LWMPoly3 structure- some of Steve Greenwood's documentation that comes with his FSTFlattenThose are all the sources I know of and they allow me to edit those HP9* files without problems.Perhaps if you provide those links with brief summaries we can fill in the holes that we have found out by experimentation but aren't written down anywhere as well as answer any specific questions you might have.Cheers, Holger

Hi HolgerI think you have misunderstood my question. After reading all the documentation you mention, I have no problems with editing and removing LOD8 and LOD13 Water area's in the decompiled Sourcecode (HP9*.BGS) like the type LWMViewer can produce. What I asked for was a description of the data-structure in the HP9*.BGL-file itself (the one we cant read in notepad). This would make me my little program independent of allready de-compiled HP9*.BGS-files. I think Jim Keir will give me some help on this subject.My little project with the sporadic island has paused a few weeks because of this little time-consuming interest of mine: programming. But I will return to it very soon. I see another has asked for greek scenery nearby the sporadic islands. Sounds good! If my program can be of any use for others I'll upload it as soon as its ready. Thanks for all you help!Cheers, Lars

Hi Lars:sorry, my mistake indeed ;-) My apologies.Don't have a clue about compiled version's structure so let's hope Jim, Rhumba, and others can help you out.Cheers, Holger