Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

SBuilder Update

Guest luissa

Hello,05/04/2004 - Version 1.03- added: import and export (of lines and polygons) in simple ASCII XYZ data format (BLN Surfer file format).- added: "Coordinate Conversion" tool to convert between Geographic WGS84, LWM and VTP coordinates.- added: "Snap to LWM grid" and "Snap to VTP grid" for selected points in lines and polygons.- added: 3 different calibrated background maps. - added: altitude value in the status bar when the mouse moves over the mesh map.- changed: VTP lines coded as VTPChildPoints whenever possible.- changed: the way of coding VTP lines and polygons when they cross Cell boundaries.- changed: the algoritm for partitioning VTP polygons in convex polygons.SBuilder update is available at:http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/sb103.zipRegards, Luis

Guest sapper42

Muito Obrigado Amigo Luisregards Jeff

Luis,You update seems to only be the executable and help file. Since new posters may not have your original, you might want to include the other files from the original.W. Sieffert

Guest rafaelds

Hi LuisYour program is just what I was looking for in a scenery design app: powerful and more "professional" aimed. Most others were a little too aimed at newbies in my oppinion, and this came at the cost of losing flexibility. It is being very handy for me since I am designing a 100% FS2004-style scenery project, for the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil. I am currently posting the progress in a blog at http://rs2004.blogspot.com , but so far I haven't included anything that uses sBuilder yet.I think I found a bug in the latest version. After I imported some shapes in BLN format (which were produced using the export function of sbuilder itself, just to test, and thankfully saved my day after I accidentaly wiped out my project file), the polygons no longer change their colors when I make them LWMs or VTPs, they remain yellow. This happens only to the imported polygons - I can make new ones and as soon as I give them a type, they are no longer yellow.I'd like also to make a suggestion: in the polygon type, to have an option of VTP2 + LWM. This would allow easy creation of airport backgrounds just like the default ones. You could enable both VTP and LWM tabs in the dialog, with no need for a third one.I think that's it for now. Thank you for this great software!Rafael

Guest rafaelds

Uh... Sorry to bother again. Can I make some more suggestions?-Improve support for BLN files. Some have commas and some have spaces as separators, some have that parameter after the number of points and some don't.-Add capability of generating terrain excludes, like DefArea or Ground2k-Add a tool like the paintbrush found in CADs. It works by copying the properties of a line to another: click on the tool, then in a poly or line. All polys or lines that are clicked next will look like the first. I just imported a BLN file with a huge road network, but it's made of very small lines. I am doing every little bit by hand, but it's being slow.

Guest JoeW

What is SBuilder? If its a Scenery tool, where can I get it?I just went to the www.ptsim.com site and did a search and the results were zip.InterestedJoe W.

Guest rafaelds

It is. But, at least by now, it's limited to terrain elements (polygons and lines, such as airport backgrounds, roads etc.). Like ground2k. But I like sBuilder's interface more...It's here, on the PTsim forum:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18Rafa

Guest JoeW

Thanks a bunch, Rafa. Got it now.Joe W.

Guest sapper42

Gday Joe, Make sure you get the 1st SBuilder and then get the update ! if you have a problem you will need to send your file as an SBX file to Luis. For Questions, i would advise you wait about 1 week as Luis and Family are on vacation. Im having a ball using it.Best rgds Jeff

Guest luissa

Hello Rafael and Jeff,Thank you for using SBuilder and giving feedback on it. Here are some comments:1) Export followed by Import in BLN format does not keep the attributes of LWM and VTP polys and lines.SBuilder uses BLN because it is one of the most simple Ascii format to code lines and polygons. When you export a SBuilder project in BLN you will only export lines and polygons. Lanclasses, waterclasses, photo scenery, AreaFills will be lost. I can add a 3rd field on the header so that SBuilder can get back the atributes of lines and polygons. But I would suggest that you Save the project in SBuilder native format. In this way everything will be saved. Also you should not export as SBX instead of Saving. Export in SBX is more complete as exporting in BLN as you keep the atributes. However Class scenery is not exported.For me BLN is an intermediate format to import the output of a GIS programme. As I do not want to learn the DXF format, for example, I use a freeware programe, DXF2XYZ, to generate a BLN file. Then I import it with "BLN Append".Finally, one user told me that he generates from inside his GIS programe (Manifold I suppose) a SBX format file with all the atributes already set up. He then only runs SBuilder just to import and to generate the BGLs with minimal or none graphical editing. 2) Suggestion: in the polygon type, to have an option of VTP2 + LWM.Thank you for this good idea. In the meantime you can set a polygon to be an LWM flatten. Then you Copy it and Paste it. Then you set the pasted polygon to be a VTP textured polygon. 3) Improve support for BLN files. Some have commas and some have spaces as separators, some have that parameter after the number of points and some don't. I have included in the INI file a BLNSeparator parameter. 4) Add capability of generating terrain excludes, like DefArea or Ground2kI have not yet implemented the Exclude tool. It was targeted to XLM/BLCOMP excludes. But may be I can join in the same tool both Object and VTP excludes. Also I am thinking of adding a "Replace/CoExist" switch in the VTP properties. At the moment if you place "something" (line or poly) in a given Area and with a given layer number, all the default "things" that exist on that Area with the same layer number are Replaced.5) Add a tool like the paintbrush found in CADs. It works by copying the properties of a line to another: click on the tool, then in a poly or line. All polys or lines that are clicked next will look like the first. I received the suggestion of implementing a "global changing/setting of properties". I need to change the interface to do that. May be you noticed that, either in Poly or Line mode, you can not Select more than an item at a time. At present you insert a new line (or poly) as soon as you click on the project. I will change the "start of a new line or poly" to, may be, a "double click". Then when you click over a line it will get selected (as in Pointer mode). If you hold down the SHIFT key you can increase the number of selected lines. You can also use the "window selecting tool" to select all the lines that are inside the selecting window. Finally if you press the right button you will change the properties of all selected items (lines if you are in Line mode or polys if you are in Poly mode). Uma vez mais obrigado pela ajuda!,Regards, Luis