Sign in to follow this  
janosch

Possible to restrict sceneries to a specific area?

Hi all,i just have a question:Is it possible to limit a scenery (without having access to the sources) to a specific area? I'm using the commercial Version of Kai Tak (from Flightsoft) and the included VHHH (Chek Lap Kok) conflicts with the much better one from Thomas Kwong.I already removed the "clk2004.bgl" file but that does not solve the problem, i still have conflicts (like two towers for example). I also tried to give the VHHH made by Thomas Kwong a higher priority but with no effect. So im curious if there is any possibility to restrict Flightsofts Kai Tak to be displayed only at a specific area? (Would also be great for using another mesh as the included mesh of the sourrunding hills looks quite ugly).any hints would be greatly appricated!Thanks and best regardsjanosch

No, that is not possible. The best option would be to make an exclude for the area where you don't want the one scenery to show. If you put that exclude in the folder of the other scenery (that you have on a higher priority) then it should remove all objects in that area that are not part of that scenery.If you search this forum you will find a lot of topics about making excludes.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog