Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Lowering an add-on airport

I have an airport which was designed for FS2002. Having now got a new mesh, I would like to lower the flatten area by a few metres. Is there a simple way to do this?George

No, just the bgl's and bmp's. Is there a program which will decompile the bgl's?George

there are a couple, but I've never found the output useful. I'd start by contacting the author. Ask for the source files to lower the aiport to fit the mesh you have. They may be grateful. Bob B

Thanks Bob,The author is uncontactable, the files are dated February 2002.George

>there are a couple, but I've never found the output useful. >I'd start by contacting the author. Ask for the source files>to lower the aiport to fit the mesh you have. They may be>grateful. >>Bob B>It seems a pity to alter a very accurate mesh, what are the couple of programs you mentioned? I've tried BGLXML, but it only works on FS9 bgl's.George

I just did a search on AVSIM main library level using the word "disassemble". Brought up 6 or so files. SCDIS was the only one I've ever used that seemed to work.Good luck!Bob B