Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

How made a Helipad????

Guest Remoeggel

HelloHow can i made a landable Helipad with Gmax for FS2004.Drawing it's not the problem.thanksRemo Hug

Guest sapper42

Remo, this is some Code that Dick sent me that should work for your surface !<?xml version="1.0"?>========================================If all your pads are the same altitude, you can add morerunways and runwaystarts to the code. That way you don't addunnecessary airport entries to the airport menu and the map. The Airport-alt controls the hardened altitude... which is ashame because if each runway had it's own hardened altitudewe could have dozens of pads, with dozens of altitudes, withone Airport ID.A tower view can also be added to the Airport code.Dick********************************************************rgds Jeff

Guest Remoeggel

Hello JeffThanks for the tip.But i have a problem! My Helipad is not landable. I sank with my Helicopter in the Helipad!Can you please give me a step-by-step Tutorial, that shows me a way to create a simple Helipad with Gmax.thanksRemo Hug

Guest sapper42

Sorry Remo, i dont use Gmax but the model should be just that, a model ! the hard surface is something else but i recall something mentioned by i think, Rhumbaflappy about Pads made with the new SDK for MDL files that allows you to attach the hard surface to to Gmax model to incorporate it into one subject. I use FSDS for my models and then place the XML hard surface at the same location.Ill email you a link to some tutorials that may help you out for the XML code tho.rgds Jeff

G'Day everyone.Reading this post has made me become interested. Is there any chance I could get the links to the tutorials?Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest sapper42

Gday Ryan.This is the link for two tutorials i wrote after Dick and JR sorted out the code.http://www.scenery.org/tutorials.htmlook under the Miscellaneous: section and you will see both of them." Elevated Helipads for FS9 in XML - Part I and Part 2 "the second part is just the surface with no eye candy ( H ) showing.rgds Jeff

Ahh.. I didnt realize it was for FS9.. Im running FS2002... Thanks anyway mate.Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest sapper42

Ryan, let me delve into the dark depths of my HDD and ill find a tutorial i did for advanced buildings that will be what your looking for , for FS2002, again this was due to the efforts of JR and Dick.can you send me your email addy so i may forward it to you. mine is jeff@vic-sim.com email header to read Helipad Tutorial so i dont delete your message pls.rgds Jeff