Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Newbie...Adding a simple airstrip? FS2002

Guest ryanlogan

I want to add a primitive runway at a specific location. I have the texture for the runway and everything. Where do I begin...I don't mind drudging through software, I just need a little direction.Thanks,Ryan

G'Day..If you were to use AFCAD... doesnt that just add it to the airport directory? It wont actually show a runway? Is that right?I use FSSC and it works very well.. basic, but does the right stuff!Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest JoeW

It will add the runway, apronsm Taxiways, Parks, lines, the whole thing except buildings and trees and windsocks. I suggest you download it and read the manual. You might be amazed.Joe W.

AFCAD140 for FS2002 will only add the necessary taxiway, parking, and runway links system. It doesn't add visual ground objects as the FS2004 version.AFCAD221 for FS2004 will add the visual ground objects, such as aprons, taxiways, runways, plus the necessary taxiway, parking, and runway links system.The two versions of AFCAD are not interchangeable. They are specific to the version of MSFS stated above.W. Sieffert

Guest ryanlogan

I used FSSC and it did what I wanted....added the airfield texture and created a landing surface...its not important that it doesn't show up as an airfield.