Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Modifying Airfiles so AI shows at small strips

HiHave just modified an AFCAD 2 file for a small addon microlight strip located in South Devon UK (Halwell near Dartmouth). Despite making taxiways and parking for AI aircraft and including new airport/aircraft/flightplan info the AI aircraft I choose do not appear:-(Could this be because I need to modify their AIRFILES to make them use the new shorter strip? I have checked through some airfiles but am not sure what I should modify to make them STOL!Any ideas thoughts etc appreciated!AdamAdam Moorewww.hhuk.netJAR PPL/IFR (A)Win XP Pro - Dell Dimension 4500P4 2.54 GHz - 1GB RAMHightech Radeon 128MB 9800Pro IceQ19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR 1/2/3/4Ultimate VFR : RealAir SF-260Ultimate IFR : PMDG 737-700NGUltimate FUN : RealAir Scout

You are halfway to the two part process. You modified the airport/airstrip but you now need to modify the traffic_xxx.BGL file to add flightplans. Download TTools202.zip, read the excellent howto documentation on making flightplans, etc. You might also want to download AITM - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM and/or yRoute - http://www.spacejock.com/, also aifc162.zip, autga*.zip, simai111.zip.W. Sieffert

HiThanks for the info I have already made the flightplans and included them in the Traffic BGL using TT version 2.21 The airport doesn't appear in the FS database as default but I have added it with the correct lat/long from my GPS and included it in the airport.txt info.Traffic Tools dealt with it fine so am wondering why they are now not appearingDoes FS2004 not allow aircraft at airfields if the runway length is insufficient for them to take-off/land I wonder?Adam Adam Moorewww.hhuk.netWin XP Pro - Dell Dimension 4500P4 2.54 GHz - 1GB RAMHightech Radeon 128MB 9800Pro IceQ19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR 1/2/3/4Ultimate VFR : RealAir SF-260Ultimate IFR : PMDG 737-700NGUltimate FUN : RealAir Decathlon

Guest bones

Try a mix of IFR and VFR flight plans to see if this makes any difference. Also (and it sounds daft) fly a good distance away from the airport and then turn back. I've heard that this sometimes kicks the Ai traffic in starting.You DID add a Control Tower and ATC didn't you?Keep fiddling. It can be a bit fussy but you will get there in the end.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Thanks for advice. Tried all the above already had tower and ATC. Still nothing:-( Will continue fiddling!Does anyone know if the aircraft .air files effect their AI usage in terms of them appearing at airfields?

Not as far as I am aware. I am concerned about your statement that the airport doesn't appear in the menu system. This may be your problem, which is easily fixed using AFCAD221 by Lee Swordy. Download, install, and start AFCAD221. You indicate you installed an AFCAD2 file for this airport. If it is properly filled out, then the airport should show in the menu system. If the airport is not a default airport, select File, New, and design from there. Save the file and restart FS2004, the airport should now be in the menu and known to FS2004.If you feel comfortable, provide the flightplans, airport information, and aircraft information from the three text files made with TTools.exe. Don't provide the entire decompiled files, just the updates you input to the three files.W. Sieffert