Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldraisin

This is all I want to build!

Guest peterock

I'm trying to find the best way to build this. I am fairly new to scenery design and not sure where to start for what I want to do. When you are at an airport, looking in top-down view, there is a perimeter line around every strip. I want to build this perimeter area in a new location. It must be flat and not contain any autogen scenery items. That's it! I looked at EZ-Landclass and LWMDraw5 but the minimum areas are too big for my needs. I recently released CMPcanmtpks_v1.zip and am having some autogen tree issues, that I want to clear up. All replies greatly appreciated. peterock

Howdy peterock,You might want to have a look at Ground2k by Christian Fumey. It's great for making VTP polys, and you can do exactly what you've described above with it. If you choose a terrain texture that doesn't have autogen (they're marked as such in G2k) then it will get rid of the trees in just the manner you described. It's available here in the library -- just make sure you get the newest version, as Christian has been a very busy boy over the last year or so.thanks,

Guest peterock

Hey there Bill,Thankyou for replying. I picked it up today. I was told there was quite a learning curve to it. He was right. Spent almost 3 hours with it today along with Ground2k for dummies (beginners). I'm afraid it's beyond my scope at the moment. Probably doing something wrong that's very simple. Thanks again for your reply.Peter

Guest oldraisin

Peter,I have programmed a utility to make VTP2 Polygons from ordinary polygons in FS Scenery Creator and FS Architect 2002, although it could in theory do the trick for any polygon in any scasm file by labeling it properly. If you use either of these utilities, then this might be useful.The program, called PolyB, also has an integrated LandClass texture catalog or viewer giving actual FS9 views of each land class. This portion of the program I have also made into a stand alone LandClass viewer.If you might be interested in being a beta tester, then I could email the program to you. It is about 5 megabytes. The program seems quite stable, and requires no great amount of knowledge. It has an integrated help system. I will upload it as freeware to Avsim when I have had it tested and any bugs worked out.Best regards,Jim