Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

How to get static planes to show in the file "boeing_field_kbfi.zip"

I downloaded the file and the readme aircraft.cfg file says to "Use these entries in your PAI aircraft.cfg files. Just add at the bottom of the last [fltsim.x] entry. Be sure to make the next entry [fltsim.x+1], etc."And it lists the static aircrafts files below.Which aircraft.cfg do I go to? I'm quite lost at this point.Please help.Thank you!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, do you have the ProjectAI installation packages installed? If not, you either need to install the packages or make your own. When you open "Aircraft Cfg Entries.txt", it explicitly tells you what PAI aircraft to modify, i.e., PAI Boeing 737-800 equals PAI B738 under your ..Flight Simulator 9Aircraft folder. You would open this aircraft's aircraft.cfg file and add the [Flightsim.x] section and replace the "x" with a number higher than the last number already used.The instructions are a little misleading since the [Flightsim.x+1] entry relates to a different PAI aircraft PAI B738W and not the PAI B738. Notice under model=, it indicates winglets. That entry is not necessary if the PAI B738W is used since all aircraft under it have winglets, therefore, model= would be blank (no entry).If you are interested in using this package, I recommend you visit Project AI - http://www.projectai.com/ , download, and install all the different airlines listed in "Aircraft Cfg Entries.txt" prior to manually adding new entries to your different PAI aircraft.Nowhere in the package did I find instructions for obtaining the required aircraft textures for the airlines manually added but I would assume Project AI' Unofficial files. Otherwise, if you already have the airline in your PAI folders, you can change the aircraft number in the flightplans to that aircraft, for instance:AC#1,250,"PAI B739 COA-B" Continental 737-900 (PAI)could be changed to:AC#1775,430,"PAI B739 COA"I would say that a novice would have some trouble installing aircraft part of this package. The scenery side should be simple. The author does give an address for help.W. Sieffert