Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafaelds

SBuilder - version 1.04 available

Guest luissa

Hello,I have just uploaded a revised version of SBuilder. Here are the main features of this update:24/04/2004 - Version 1.04- fixed: error in the representation of Points at locations very far from N0 W0.- changed: the algorithm for partitioning LWM polygons across different areas.- changed: the algorithm for partitioning VTP polygons in convex polygons.- added: VTP replace/coexist switch in the Preferences menu.- added: Undo/Redo switch in the Preferences menu (deactivating can increase display performance with big files).- added: Setting the properties of multiple lines or polygons in Line or Poly mode.- added: BLN input dialogue to set the attributes of imported lines and polygons.- added: setting type = "Other" will transform a polygon in an exclusion polygon.- added: DEM tools in the File menu.- added: Mesh Tool to create mesh scenery with mouse clicksA full install can be obtained from:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18and you should read PTSim forum if you want to open files created with the previous version.A small html help file is available here:http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/sbuilder/sbuilder.htmFinally I would like to thank all the friends in this forum with whom I learned what has been implemented in SBuilder. I also would like to thank suggestions that I received for improvment and, in particular, Jeff for his effort in creating tutorials.Regards, Luis

Whew! That was a chore getting to the download! Won't it be better to have a direct link to the download than going through your forums? It took several tries just to get to the forums.W. Sieffert

Guest luissa

Dear W. Sieffert,Thank you for taking the trouble of visiting my site.Regards, Luis

Guest fame

Hi Luis:Thanks for keeping the FS community up to date on SBuilder, and thanks for continuing to hammer away at it. Continued SuccessTom G, Sr.

Guest rafaelds

Hi LuisThank you very much for the new version. I see some of my suggestions have already became reality now!But... Now for the bad part. I hate to do that, but I found some bugs.- BLN imported lines always have a width of zero, regardless of chosen width in the dialog.- Colors of lines don't seem to work now (it is a work-in-progress feature?) Regardless of the choice they display in the default way.- Although multiple elements are selectable, only the properties of the one 'clicked over' to access the properties dialog are changed.- "Copy files to BGL folder" often copies files to C: instead. Specially after fiddling with properties or just having created a project (and not having loaded a saved one). Another thing that happened is that after a GPF I could no longer start the program, receiving a 'type mismatch' error. One of the files in the 'work' folder was corrupted, and by replacing them with the ones in the zip it worked again. Unfortunately I don't know which file exactly, because I overwrote them all at once (my stupidity). But it was one of those files that carry a list of line/poly types. That other problem I had, with polys remaining yellow even after assigned a type was my fault. I had imported the BLNs twice. So I always had two overlapping polys, and the yellow always had priority. But clicking it would select the bottom one. Rafa

Guest luissa

Hi Tom,Thank you. I hope it will become stable enough to worth a mention in a site like yours.Kind Regards, Luis

Guest luissa

Hi Rafael,>Thank you very much for the new version. I see some of my>suggestions have already became reality now!:-) yes! and thanks!>- BLN imported lines always have a width of zero, regardless>of chosen width in the dialog.BLN imported lines have no width! You can have a look to the format description here:http://ioc.unesco.org/oceanteacher/resourc..._format_doc.htmWhen you set a GIS programme to export some data in BLN format it will write XY pairs and not XYZ triplets. However, and may be this is not OK, I programmed SBuilder to write lines as triplets. In the place of Z SBuilder outs the width. So, when importing BLN data from elsewhere you should deactivate "Use imported Line widths". I think (do not remember now) that if you leave it active SBuilder reads the data as pairs if it finds no Z value.>- Colors of lines don't seem to work now (it is a>work-in-progress feature?) Regardless of the choice they>display in the default way.But as soon as the display is refreshed, the new colors will come in. I forgot to force a RefreshDisplay after the setting of a new default color in the Preferences menu. I will correct this next time!>- Although multiple elements are selectable, only the>properties of the one 'clicked over' to access the properties>dialog are changed.Please check this again. Note that you need to be either in "Line" or in "Poly" mode. It does not work in "Pointer" mode. Also you need to hold down the CTRL (Control) key when you keep on selecting more elements. Say that you want to change N lines in a single go. You need to make N left clicks on N lines (no more no less). Still with the CTRL down, you press the right mouse (the N-1 th click) as if you where opening a sheet of Properties. If you do this in the right way, you will receive a Line Properties sheet which is different from the "single" Line Properties sheet (no name, no order, ...). Again things like color will only show on the next display refresh (just roll in or roll out the mouse wheel to force a refresh!).>- "Copy files to BGL folder" often copies files to C:>instead. Specially after fiddling with properties or just>having created a project (and not having loaded a saved one).Did you set your Project Folders? You need to set up 2 paths for BGL output. The main path is used for "normal" BGLS. The second path is used for BGLS that need a folder without sister TEXTURE folder.Still, when SBuilder opens a Project that has blanks for these parameters, it creates 2 Scenery folders inside SBuilder running folder. I do not understand why it copies files to C: :-hmmm So, if you can get an example where this happens please send it to me for verification.>> Another thing that happened is that after a GPF I could no>longer start the program, receiving a 'type mismatch' error.>One of the files in the 'work' folder was corrupted, and by>replacing them with the ones in the zip it worked again.>Unfortunately I don't know which file exactly, because I>overwrote them all at once (my stupidity). But it was one of>those files that carry a list of line/poly types.Well I do not understand what GPF stands for. If you think there is a problem please send me a "BAD" file.Um abra

Guest rafaelds

>>- BLN imported lines always have a width of zero, regardless>>of chosen width in the dialog.>>BLN imported lines have no width! You can have a look to the>format description here:>>http://ioc.unesco.org/oceanteacher/resourc..._format_doc.htmYes, I know. But what happened is that I hadn't understood the "use imported line widths" functions. And it was activated, so my lines were always at zero width. But unchecking the box works fine, thanks.>But as soon as the display is refreshed, the new colors will>come in. I forgot to force a RefreshDisplay after the setting>of a new default color in the Preferences menu. I will correct>this next time!Did not work here. Tried several times.>>Please check this again. Note that you need to be either in>"Line" or in "Poly" mode. It does not work in "Pointer" mode.>Also you need to hold down the CTRL (Control) key when you>keep on selecting more elements. Say that you want to change N>lines in a single go. You need to make N left clicks on N>lines (no more no less). Still with the CTRL down, you press>the right mouse (the N-1 th click) as if you where opening a>sheet of Properties. If you do this in the right way, you will>receive a Line Properties sheet which is different from the>"single" Line Properties sheet (no name, no order, ...). Again>things like color will only show on the next display refresh>(just roll in or roll out the mouse wheel to force a>refresh!).Ah... Pretty tricky to get it. But I managed to do it. But the color did not work here as well... :(>Still, when SBuilder opens a Project that has blanks for these>parameters, it creates 2 Scenery folders inside SBuilder>running folder. I do not understand why it copies files to C:>:-hmmm I will investigate more. But definitely it likes to copy to c: , the previous version liked it too but not that much.>>Well I do not understand what GPF stands for. If you think>there is a problem please send me a "BAD" file.>That's because it's no longer called GPF (General Protection Fault) for a long time, it's just that I am so used to the expression that it's hard to change. That error message: "The program _____ has caused a problem and needs to be closed".I just managed to reproduce the problem. It happens when I accidentaly open a 2nd instance of the program. And in my case the corrupted file was lines.txt (but I believe that was because I have only lines).Anyway, thanks for you attention. Now I have to figure out why my new lines mess up everything in FS. I thought my railroad was too big, but exporting a single segment, which is the longer one and runs from east to west for about 400km, works fine. If I export the whole network (which is pretty simple, less detailed than the default ones, but more complete) my new lines don't appear and just break up the default ones, which then narrows at some points until it vanishes. BUT, in lwmviewer the files load fine and seem OK (no visible problems).I will disable the default scenery at the region to test if it's due to the default-addon interaction or is a problem with the new lines.Mais uma vez obrigado e um abra