Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

Fixing Scenery Texturing

Guest pecrowther

Can anyone explain why the left side of the attached picture shows a smooth "unspotted" texture while the right side shows a "spotted" texture?I think the "spotted" texture is the default and I think it looks better.What do I need to do to create the "spotted" texture?Thanks,Phil

I think the right side is a mesh polygon, with thus a lower resolution texture (4.8 meters/pixel) while the left side is a taxiway (or something like that, probably made with XML) and that has a higher resolution texture and therefore shows more smooth.So it is not in the texture, but in the type of polygon that is used.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pecrowther

I am not sure what is going on. I am attaching an overhead view that shows the aircraft parked on the intersection of four grids. The lower right grid has the "spotting" while the others do not.If this makes any difference, the "unspotted" area was previously part of the ocean until I used a mesh to raise it. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72943.jpg

How did you make this grid?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pecrowther

I used cellgrid2004a.Upon further investigation, it appears that any grid that has a shoreline will not have the spots, while any grid that has no shoreline has the spots.This happened not only on the island for which I used the new mesh, but also an island which was default fs2004.Still baffled.Phil