Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Forum ?

Guest Richard Hill

I posted no less than three times asking a question about the posdsability of resizing default NameScenery BR9name0.bgl, to LOD5. The siuze of the other files, with not one reply! I would think someonme would have the answer.I am now asking two questions.1. Is there a descripton or file displaying the different type of bridges?2. Although in the default scenery, the Devided highways have eadge, and center lines, in AutoGen they appear as two grey textures, Why?I hope someone will reply.Richard Hill;

Hi Richard,>1. Is there a descripton or file displaying the different type>of bridges?I assume you mean the automatic bridges that are created with VTP lines? These are all listed in the terrain.cfg file.>2. Although in the default scenery, the Devided highways have>eadge, and center lines, in AutoGen they appear as two grey>textures, Why?What do you mean with autogen here? As far as I know there are no roads in autogen.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Richard Hill

Arno;I have looked at the Terrain config, but it tells me nothing as to structure or texture. I know the program has a selection from 1220-1250, but I have no idea what each looks like. I am not a programmer, all I am doing is placing the roads, rivers,there elevations, larger lakes, there elevations, and bridges. I am helping with testing a program called AutoAsm that uses TerraScene generated TGA files to produce roads, rivers, lakes and so on. In all default scenery the divided highways for example are textured with hiwaysu.bmp, while all created with AutoAsm are light grey textured. Would you know why? I hope you can help me!Richard

Hi Richard,I think there is no collection of pictures of them. I think you should just try the number and then see how the bridge looks. That is also how I did it.About the road texture, I assume this is also linked to the number you select when drawing the road.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Richard,Ground2K4 includes a pictorial guide to the various types of line types and bridges. Most are loaded directly from FS9texture so you would have to have Ground2K4 installed to see what different numbers represent.Cheers, Holger

Guest Richard Hill

I ment to say AutoAsm. It is a propgram, in testing, that uses TerraScene generated files to place roads, river at elevation, large lakes at elevation, streams and small lakes, and bridges. Any Help?Richard

Hi Richard,have you asked Chris Wright where he defines the road textures in AutoAsm and whether they can be changed?Cheers, Holger

Guest Richard Hill

From what he tells me he uses numbers simular to those found in Texture.cfg, and he don't know why the hiwaysu.bmp for example will not show. I am not the only one puzzeled about this.Richard;