Sign in to follow this  
arno

Attached Object in BGLCOMP

Guest christian

I tried to attach library objects and effects to a library object yesterday, but bglcomp complains. Beacons work fine, but library objects and effects don't seem to compile. (I tried old and new version).It seems as if bglcomp checks if library objects and effects are nested in scenery objects. If they are nested in atteched objects, bglcomp bails out. There seems to be no obvious fix, since the xsd grammar seems to be correct. This is hardcoded.Anyone else got it to work?Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian,Do you mean that you have made an empty attachpoint in GMax and are now trying to attach another library object to it? I haven't tried that yet, but I will have a look at it :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Christian,Doesn't seem to work indeed. When I use a beacon I can compile it fine, but when I replace the beacon with a library object I get an error. This is the error I get:[tt]Parsing document: test.XMLERROR C2313: LibraryObject MUST be nested inside a SceneryObject!ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR C2328: Mismatch token end (LibraryObject)!ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag near line 9!ERROR C2308: Invalid object type for attached object!ERROR C2153: Failed to prepare attached objects for output!ERROR: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!Parse complete![/tt]And this is the XML code I was using:[tt]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>[/tt]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest christian

Hi Arno,No, I was just using one of the default library objects. I'm glad I didn't make my own gmax model yet, as it clearly doesn't seem to work!The trouble is that the error seems to be hardcoded, so changing the xsd grammar will do nada (actually, it is defined correctly in the xsd).Good to see it doesn't work for you either (good in a sense of 'I'm not the only one').Cheers, Christian

I think you are right here. I don't really understand the error message, so I am afraid this is just a thing that is not possible (although the BGLComp SDK says you can use either effects, beacons or library objects within the attachobject command).

Arno

I know it's been awhile, but...I've been playing around with this, and of course, I get teh same error that Arno did. I searched the forums, but again, the only examples which seem to work are the ones with beacons. Has anyone gotten it to work? I ask because I was following the lighting tutorial over at Arno's site, and so I was trying to attach my light objects directly to my scenery.- Martin

Hi Martin,Nope, I think this is just something that is not possible at the moment. It is probably a fault in the SDK or maybe a bug in BGLComp.

Arno