Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Displaced threshold bug?

Guest pehje

There seems to be something wrong with runway markings on runways with displaced threshold. There should be some white arrows pointing towards the threshold. These arrows should be on the not-used end of the runway, pointing towards the used end. But ESKB runway has a problem with this, both in Swedflight Pro's payware package, ESSB Bromma that includes Barkarby ESKB, and when I create ESKB runway myself using AFCAD2, the arrows end up on the used end, on top of the middle white lines. See picture.Is this a known problem? Since AFCAD2 claims to use default graphics from FS2004, it almost feels like a possible bug in the sim doesn

I just made a mod to the default scenery placing a displaced threshold and overrun at the ESKB R/W 6 end with no problems. Compare the Heading (from base end) values for the default scenery and the modified scenery. It may be the updated scenery didn't use the correct values.See attached zip file!W. Sieffert

Guest pehje

It looked fine with your mod. I use slightly different settings, but it looks good in AFCAD2, but not in FS2004. See file.

The problem seems to be that the compiler doesn't like the displaced threshold to be longer than one-half of the total runway length. Divide the runway length by 2, then make the displaced threshold several units less than the one-half value and see if it works.This may not be how the real runway looks but it may be a limitation by the compiler or a divide by zero problem in the compiler.Looking at your file, I find you changed the true heading. I don't know if this is due to the scenery you are adding on top of the default scenery. However, you may find other problems changing this value since the MAGVAR is controlled by magdec.bgl in your drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryBASEScenery folder. The magvar table in magdec.bgl controls the global magvar and the flight simulation uses this table. If you make changes due to real life magvar, it tends to misalign the area versus the magvar used in the simulation global world.W. Sieffert