Sign in to follow this  
arno

How do you place AI or static aircraft?

Guest aca_dia

I am using AFCAD 2 to clean up my local airport. Is it possible to place aircraft in the various parking spots? For example we have single gate for an airline (B1900). I have already assigned that spot to the correct airline and in the aircraft editor I have assigned the correct aircraft to the airline. I would like to have the 1900 parked there as a default.Can this be done without serious amounts of work?

You need to make flightplans to place the aircraft, with AFCAD you only make the infrastructure (parking positions, taxi routes, etc). You can use TTool to make the flightplans.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

:-cool If you just need static aircraft,you can find a/c macros,and place them with A.P.F.W..If you need a/c that fly ,then Arno is right.

Guest aca_dia

Where might one find TTool & A.P.F.W.? Are they commercial programs? I did a search in the file library (under FS9) and could not find any reference to them).Thanks

APFW is Airport for Windows, www.airportforwindows.com. But if you are only doing some changes with AFCAD it might be a bit complex to use this scenery design program as well.TTools should be available from all big sites. I think everybody uses this tool to add flightplans :D.Both are freeware btw.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog