Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

using USA scenery in the UK ?

Guest airborne1

I fly in the UK on short haul flights.I love the country scenery in the Missisipi area of the USA, compared to the UK/Europe. Is there any way of using the missisipi scenery in europe. Thankyou.Keith Sandford

Hi Keith,that's an interesting proposition, though I'd think that transferring parts of the USA to the UK would take the, um UKness out of the latter (never mind the political furor...) ;-) Seriously, I don't quite grasp what you'd want to transfer: the landclass (i.e., type and arrangement of ground textures and associated autogen structures), the terrain, or the river?Cheers, Holger

Guest airborne1

Don't get me wrong UK scenery from the air is an awesome sight, it's just that fs9 have not done very well to reproduce that. Firstly I do not use autogen, I think it looks false. I would like to transfer the terrain that you see over Indianapolis (KIND. The flat farmland looks so real compared to the UK default. It is also the same terrain over Missisipi, perhaps all the farmland in the USA on fs9 is the same. Any way I would like to transfer what you see, is it landclass, terrain, ground textures, river, the whole lot. I want to transfer everything on top of my UK terra mesh. Keith Sandford

Guest airborne1

I guess it can't be done then.Keith Sandford

Hello Keith,Your question is not completely clear, particularly as to what you mean by "scenery".If you want to use the same ground textures that you have seen in the US, then you can change the land class assignment for that part of England. There are numerous land class utilities in the AvSim library that will allow you to easily do this.You should know however that the Flight Simulator Development Team intends ultimately to develop different ground textures for different parts of the world. This means that in the future, the ground in the US will look very different from the ground in Europe.But, there are ways around this. If you decide that this is what you want to do, the people on this forum will be glad to show you how.If, on the other hand, you want to place the entire US scenery (rivers, roads, ground textures) and place it in the UK, then this does not make much sense as you would be giving up realism for the sake of a preferred appearance to the scenery. However, you are free to do it, if you wish, and we can also show you how.Do not hesitate to let us know and give us more information.Best regards.Luis