Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

LWMPoly2/3 and LWMPoly2/3Ex question

Hi everybody!I know of two types of LWMPoly: (1) the ordinary (LWMPoly2/LWMPoly3) with up to 62 items, and the(2) the "Ex" (LWMPoly2Ex/LWMPoly3Ex) with 63 or more items.Matthias told me that LWMPoly2/LWMPoly2Ex was in FS2002 and LWMPoly3/LWMPoly3Ex was in FS9. I use primarily FS9 but I have never met an example of the LWMPoly3Ex in a HP9*.BGS file, and therefore I'm asking if i have understood this thing right: Can the ordinary LWMPoly3 and the LWMPoly3Ex be intermingled in the same "LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons" segment? CheersLars

Hi Lars.I'm not sure anyone has ever made an LWMPoly3Ex. That involves a poly inside an LOD13 Area with greater than 63 verticies... and the verticies would need to be convex ( fan-shaped ) to avoid display problems. Microsoft splits polys into smaller fan-shaped segments to avoid problems. G2K4 makes FS2002 style LWMs.. but also splits them into smaller, simple shapes.I'm not even sure LWMPoly3Ex works. I never tried it. You'd almost need to make a circle inside an LOD13 Area with greater than 63 verticies to test it."Can the ordinary LWMPoly3 and the LWMPoly3Ex be intermingled in the same "LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons" segment?"Why not?Dick

Hi DickWhat I'm doing right now is making a program that can delete Area's in the HP9*.BGS in order to make SRTM data show up in the landscape. The program creates a map consisting of the default map with your own redrawings laid in. In this way you can se where to delete Area's (where your own coast lies outside the default coast). You mark these Area's by left mousclick and afterwards press the delete-key. But the point is that my program can read the HP9*.BGL directly and turn it into a sourcefile (that can be processed by the program). And it is in this decompiling process that I have to take care of every possible filestructure. But if LWMPoly2Ex and LWMPoly3Ex are so seldom that even a prof like you has never seen one, then I guess its not neccesary to include these possibilities in the decompiling process. Don't you agree?CheersLars - DK :-) PS: By the way - thanks for your "LWM Tutorial". Together with the "MS SDK 2002" it made it possible for my to make my decompiling code.

Guest HotShot

Hey Lars, this is great news ! I'm sure many scenery developers - me for instance ;) - will greatly appreciate such a tool. Any release available soon ? :)Cheers,HotShot

I guess in a month or so. I hope it can be usefull to somebody out there in the Scenery designer "community". ;) CheersLars