Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

MakeMDL heads up

Guest Diamond Dave

You ought to borrow my reading glasses - it's number eight (8) on the list.

Guest Firestriker

Dick is right. The link is there, but it is DEAD!Lou

Guest Diamond Dave

I didn't bother following the link - Do I feel a right idiot :-(

The MAKEMDL.EXE was older than the version in the FS2004 GMAX_SDK.EXE. Hopefully, you are correct that an updated SDK is in the works.W. Sieffert

Guest fame

Hi Dick:Interesting...I try to do my level best in maintaining the integrity of the various link backs on our site, including the ones to Microsoft

Hi Tom,"I try to do my level best in maintaining the integrity of the various link backs on our site ..."Now there's an understatement ;-)Since the opportunity is here I'd like to thank you VERY much for providing and maintaining this awesome resource for all of us "desparately" seeking tool and tutorials. Your site is definitely one of the most often used bookmark on my system (right after the homepage of Pamela Anderson - no, wait, I meant the Vatican's homepage) and I send the link regularly to people that ask scenery or design-related questions.Cheers, Holger

Guest fame

Good Morning Holger:Thanks for the kind words, they

Guest Diamond Dave

MakeMDL is back now, but no mention of being updated.

Well, the proof is in the pudding. Download the file, if you have already installed the previous file, review and note the dates/sizes of the files, uninstall the MakeMDL SDK.Install the new download, and review and note the dates/sizes of the files. The makemdl.exe is now consistent with the size of the makemdl.exe in the FS2004_GMAX_SDK.exe but is dated 5/10/04. I don't know if this MakeMdl.exe is an updated version or the same as the FS2004_GMAX_SDK.exe version.The product versions are the same!W. Sieffert

Guest Firestriker

Another M$ secret!?!?! Would it have hurt to include a little note explaining any (if there are any) differences/imporvements made to makemdl.exe? You know, a revision history. If anyone finds any useful information, please be sure and post it in the forums.Lou

Hi Lou.Unfortunately, the folks that prepare the SDKs did this exact same thing the last time... different versions of BGLC were floating around... some of them didn't work right. All had the same version number.Let's hope the newly released version is alright.Dick