Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K4 lake problem(s)

Howdy,I have a problem with Ground2k4 that I cannot eliminate. I am trying to create some modifications for Yellowstone National Park using a satellite image provided by Holger Sandmann. I edited the HL918160.bgl and HL918160.bgl files following Holger's instructions and finally managed to redraw Yellowstone Lake in polygon, no lakeshore mode and cover the lake with landclass so that islands showed. However, I now have one area along the lakeshore and extending into the lake that is cool conifer forest (#22). I don't know how I managed to get this effect. However, I tried to eliminate it in my ignorance by removing the waterclass and landclass from the area but still have cool conifer forest out in the lake from shore and the default lake margin now appears along with my modified lake margin. Other lakes in the area have the default margin showing over and adjacent to them. This is driving me nuts. I don't have the smarts to unravel this mess and the tutorials aren't that enlightening, at least to me. Can anyone offer some suggestions how to get things back to normal other than starting all over again?Wil Husted

Hello Wil,This is definitely an interesting and frustrating problem.Could you please take screenshots and post them here so that we could more easily see the problem? We would just need 2 shots: - your Ground2K4 workspace (if you select the F1 icon, all polygons will be in thick red and more visible for the screenshot); - an overhead shot in Flight Simulator so that we can see the results.Thanks.Best regards.Luis

Hello Luis,Thanks for responding. I just removed the "square" with instructions from Holger Sandmann. I've been corresponding with him for some time. I didn't keep a log of my efforts to remove the square but recall having used the LC and WC buttons in Ground2K4 to add and/or remove landclass and waterclass from several cells around the lake. Holger told me to use the F1 button, select the cell and delete it. This removed the square cell of cool conifer forest extending into the lake.However, earlier this morning while thrashing about with the problem, both the default and my lake shorlines appeared at the same time. They are still present after removal of the square. I can't suppress the default shoreline that had been absent before my messing around with things.I don't have enough experience with Ground2K4 to keep out of trouble or get myself out of trouble after goofing-up something. I've attached a snapshot of the square in the lake in case someone else has the same or a similar problem.Wil

Hello Luis and everyone,I not only lack experience with Ground2K4, my memory is also not up to snuff. The two lakeshores problem was caused by my forgetting that I had activated the default HL and HP918160.bgl files and deactivated the edited (a la Holger Sandmann's procedures) files. Doing the reverse eliminated the problem. Maybe another newby(ies) can benefit from my shooting myself in the foot.Wil