Sign in to follow this  
arno

Default Airport Base Texture

Don't know if anyone might be able to help. I seem to have somehow overwritten a base texture / bmp file which is used by FS9 for the base area around airports, resulting in only red texture being visible, as can be seen in the attached picture. Would anyone know which FS file is responsible, so that I can recover the specific file/s from the cabs contained on the CD, as I don't want to replace all due to various water upgrades etc. already added? Alternatively does anyone have a breakdown of the file numbers in the WorldSceneryTexture directory and what they relate to. I have already replaced all the texture files in the main FS9texture directory but this has not resolved the problem.I get a similar effect to varying degrees at all airports, whether add-ons or not.Best regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I'm sorry to raise this again, but does no one have any idea as to what texture or file/s control the base default texture for the default airport area within FS2004? All my airports have an underlining red texture. I don't really want to have to reinstall FS and loose all my settings.Help......Regards,Stuart Hyett:-vuur

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest gorchi

HI Stuart!It's hard to answer on Your question since noboy probably knows what was there before. If it was grass, it might well be texure starting with 0128xxx.bmp. Anyway, for laying these polys around use VTP scenery, maybe made by hand or by GroundMaker/AutoASM etc.Those numbers in the WORLDTEXTURE folder have been described in at least two documents:1. Microsoft Terrain Textures names, which is part of Scenery SDK for FS20022. The other document can be found on the internet, I think (but I am not 100% sure) it was Raymond Taburet or sth like this. In this document, You can see landclass values connected to starting numbers used by MS.And there is another file worth mentioning - Catalog of Landclass tiles, and it might be in Avsim's library.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

In the terrain.cfg file you can also find out the texture names that are linked to some of the terrain type values (these are also used for the default grass polygons for example).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog