Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSIntegral

Changing runway textures in addon scenery without chang...

Guest gbaglietto

How can I change a runway texture, for example in an addon scenery folder which uses the default runway textures?

That depends a bit on how you are making the addon.If you are using the Fs2004 XML code you can only select the predefined runway types (there are a lot of them though :)).If you use the older code I think some design programs allow you to choose a custom texture for your runway. GroundMaker has it and I think also FSSC, but not sure about that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Larrycx

Hi,I was able to change gravel to asphalt using AFcad2 in FS9. It allows you to pick a default airport to modify and gives a choice of quite a few textures.Larry Costa

Guest FSIntegral

Hi,sorry for non-advice response, but just to confirm that Afcad 2+ is for Fs9 and Afcad 1* is for Fs8/2002. Use it if you want to use any of the default FS texture. Same in XML mode.Airport 2.* or 3.* will allow you to use the Fs2000 default Runway Tex, or the Fs2002 (Fs8) equivalent.I've some problems launching Ground2k in XP so I can't say if it is a solution.I have the idea of using those Fs2000-style roads using customised textures, but I had to build all runway signs from scratch and add them to the scenery. Fs2000-style roads are mesh sensitive, precise and very good for non-planar runways. But polys applied to concave/convexe grounds are usually diving in the ground (and need a layercall). So if you are interested on drawing an entire runway from scratch, let me know how to; I'm curently working on a project (FMMI Antananarivo Ivato - Madagascar, Africa) and the unique runway is curved. I'll be very glad to have a "real" curved-runway in Fs9.I'm just not sure that Fs2000 bgl code will work on newer version of FS (v10, 11 ...) But, if I find a way to build an "acceptable" custom runway, be sure to have tips about, I'll explain you.