Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Custom PAPI for Fs9

Guest FSIntegral

I started to design a custom PAPI 4 lights with light boxes (yellow/orange) and gradual white-to-red light conversion using MonitorTr() in Scasm code. I want to know if there any other way to make gradual colour change using another code (VectorJump perhaps?) or Effects in a certain way (I'm talking about those fixed effect lights on Opensky's 747 landing lights, on wings, but I've tried without success to understand the way it change opacity, depending on the axis we look at it)The idea :One MonitorTr Test to check if the aircraft is in a box 2km large and 10km long in front of the runway.If inside, 20 another MonitorTr placed each on top of another (in front of runway, rotated horizontally according the runway axis, and by ~3

I have done it with VectorJumps in the past, because you can define the angles for the different lights then (and you don't have to work with boxes). So you can have separation planes at the correct orientation.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest gorchi

Hi,I have also sucessfully made PAPI lights using VectorJump and they are visible around 6-7 nm away by night. I haven't used any effects but I have used Light.nav type in FSDS. Light.Nav seem to be visible further than Light.beacon.Maybe this will help You.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Hi Goran,Can you give a scasm coding example for the PAPI lights?I have tried in vain to do this.Bjorn

Guest knnygar

Could you please send this excample to me too?

Guest Bell206freak

I know this thread may be a little on the, um, old side, but is there a way to create a PAPI light effect using XML code?I created a really good 3D recreation of a PAPI/VASI fixture in gMax for my Sanderson Field project but I want to further enhance the realism of the object and the effect of realism it gives. Used right behind the default VASI/PAPI effect, it works really good but I wish I could actually simulate the three separate light beams coming out of the fixture itelf.

Hi,What do you exactly mean with simulating the light beams?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Bell206freak

Basically just simulating what you already see by default, but attaching the PAPI "effect" at the points on my VASI fixtures where the lens textures are.

I think the only thing you can try is to line up your visual model exactly with the XML lights. I haven't seen an effect or so that you can use instead of these lights.

Arno