Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Teesside Airport Screen Shots & a bit about Sbuilder

Hello, I've added some pictures of my Teesside airport scenery at www.fs9world.741.com This is the first time I've put all my models together to see what it looks like in the sim. Still a lot of work to do though. Please let me know what you thinkalso does anyone know why I cant get Sbuilder to make a .BGL file, I'm making photo tiles, it makes the images ok, but I cant find the .BGL. so I'm assuming it is'nt making one.stevo ;-)

Guest sapper42

Gday Steve.In the Properties section of SBUILDER you need to set the paths for where the BGL files are sent to once they are compiled.The folders: Main: the folder where you want SBuilder to copy generated files (if you set Copy Files = ONin the BGL generation tool). Applies to all types of BGL except Land/Water Class andPhoto BGLs. Secondary: the folder where you want SBuilder to copy generated files of type Land/Water Class and Photo (if you set Copy Files = ON in the BGL generation tool). Thisfolder should have no sister TEXTURE Folder.Once you have selected ( they should highlight )the objects you want to compile, make sure they are ticked in the BGL compilation part and allso make sure you have ticked the box for Copy Filesrgds Jeff

Hi Jeff,I've tried what you suggested but no go.This is what I have.In the properties scetion, I have Main set to a folder on the desktop and secondary to the scenery folder in the main Sbuilder folder.I have a Map placed in the Sbuilder main screen, I selected Photo tile mode and clicked the areas I want (only 9 lod13 squares).then I selected the 9 squares, click on generate BGL, tick make BGL's, make Bitmaps and copy files to BGL folders, and clicked compile. I dont know if anything is suppose to happen here but not much does, the pointer changes to a egg timer for about 2 seconds. If I look in the folders I set up for the BGL's to be copied to they are empty, The only place anything has been copied to is tools/work folders. In there are my 9 bitmaps and a file named 'PH_MAP01.scm'Must be missing something simple.thanksStevo ;-)

Guest sapper42

Steve, send an email to luis@ptsim.com and he will be able to cover this for you.Luis is a great guy and more than happy to assist you and as he is the designer, he is happy for any feedback with problems.good luck: Jeff

helloYou can also see my Teesside Airport Pics at www.fs9world.netfirms.comStevo

>hello>>You can also see my Teesside Airport Pics at >>www.fs9world.netfirms.com>>StevoHi Steve,Neither of the links work for me.George

The first one worked this morning. Nice shots of Teeside.George

Guest Hans Palsson

>The only place anything has been copied to>is tools/work folders. In there are my 9 bitmaps and a file>named 'PH_MAP01.scm'>>Must be missing something simple.>>thanks>Stevo ;-)Hi Stevo!Sound like you may have missed to place the scasm-tool in the Tools-folder perhaps? It does not explain why the files don

Guest ben_hewitt

Looks awsome!, are you planning on modelling Newcastle? :D

HI,I only live 15 minutes away from Teesside Airport, so I can just pop out and get any photos I need, Newcastle a bit far to go, but if any one can send me photos of Newcastle airport, I'll certainly consider it as my next project ;-)Saying that, i'm flying to Lanzarote from Newcastle next week so I can get a few pics then.Stevo

Guest ben_hewitt

Great, I will try to get some shots when I fly out next month! :D

I live approximately half way between Teesside and Newcastle, both would be fantastic.George