Sign in to follow this  

Editing BGL files

Hello Everyone,I am trying to edit a BGL file to remove roads and streams in LOD13 areas in a cell. For the roads, all areas in rows 30 and 31 of cell 146 x 128 can be deleted. However, I can't determine the rows and lines in the BGS file, what to delete from the file to remove rows 30 and 31. I don't want to delete the entire cell. The particular cell is:; Start of cell 146 x 128 dataCELLSTART_000009 label wordCellID_000009 EQU VTPCellID 0, 146, 128 VTPDataArea 1, _Method2_, 18, 0 VTPLayer 6, 0 VTPNumTexturesInLayer 1, 0 VTPTextureId 0, 0 VTPPolyCount 5, 0 VTPPolyMethod2 31, _IsLine_, 0 VTPPolyMethod2Ex 5 ; Total = 36 VTPWidePoint 12330, _UseWidth_, 11815, 7 VTPWidePointWidth 35 VTPChildPoint -4, 0, 6, 0 VTPChildPoint -78, 0, -42, 0 VTPChildPoint -7, 0, -22, 0 VTPChildPoint -12, 0, -38, 0 VTPChildPoint -72, 0, -234, 0 VTPChildPoint -3, 0, -23, 0 VTPChildPoint -3, 0, -127, 0 VTPWidePoint 12110, 0, 10369, 7 VTPChildPoint -16, 0, -53, 0 VTPChildPoint -131, 0, -383, 0 VTPChildPoint -17, 0, -128, 0 VTPChildPoint -31, 0, -296, 0 VTPChildPoint 0, 0, -8, 0 VTPChildPoint 15, 0, -534, 0 VTPChildPoint 0, 0, -119, 0I'm having the same problem with streams.Would someone please tell me how to identify the rows and lines within this cell to delete the roads?Thanks a million.Wil Husted

Hi All,Ignore my failing memory or whatever. Ya can't edit vector data in LOD13 areas as Holger's tutorial clearly states.Yup, my face is red!Wil

Guest gorchi

Hi!Have You maybe tried a little neat software called DefArea and try to exclude roads, rivers, streams... with it? Okay, there is problem removing dry riverbeds after and also replaced lakes, but still, You can remove roads, rivers, railroads, electricity towers, streetlights, telephoone poles etc, etc...Hope it helps!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Howdy Goran,Yes, I'm gaining a familiarity with DefArea and will use it to remove the default highway that is just inside my project area. I wanted to eliminate the exclude files that had accumulated but will have to use a few to clean up bits and pieces around the edges of the project area. I must learn to make better use of the DefArea PAUSE button!Thank you for responding.Wil