Sign in to follow this  
arno

Renumbering runways visually after changing with Afcad

Guest Gerard

Hello guys,Allmost my scenery Lago Eham 2004 has been finished.I have renamed all runways using Afcad 2 so that is working now.Just the visual changes have to be done.I would appriciate all suggestions on how to change runway numbers in the scenery the easiest way.One way wouold be making a polygoon in the runway color with the correcdt number on it and placing that one into the scenery.Maybe there are easier ways.All suggestions are welcome,

Hi Gerard,This information is stored in the BGL files of the origional LAGO scenery.You could try to make a very small exclude around the center of these runways to exclude them (the AFCAD runways below should then show or you can place new ones with the proper numbers in their place).Another option would be to tweak the origional BGL a bit, although it would be hard to distribute the scenery then if you would like to do that, but for personal use it might be the easiest way. Just decompile it, change the runway numbers and compile again.Your idea of placing polygons on top could also work, but I think it is very difficult to get the new numbers look like the should on the runway.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Gerard

Thanks Arno,You don't happen to know the name of the exclude utility with which you can exclude custom shapes.Instead of a square form you can make allmost any shape you want.I have searched for it, but not found it,.Thanks again,

No, but as far as I know the source code does only allow rectangular shapes. But the shape does not have to cover the entire object, only the RefPoint is enough.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog