Sign in to follow this  
Guest HotShot

LWMViewer update imminent

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,Thanks for the flattery, I'm blushing!Lat/long export : It's been on the cards for a long time now but there's always been something else just ahead of it. There was a message around a week or so ago with details of a suitable scheme for this export. I promise I'll take a look at least!> When I call it from AutoAsm, LWMViewer opens behind the AutoAsm window, so it's invisible!That's odd. It should open just like anything else, at the front. OK, I'll check it out. I usually use it on its own, so I wouldn't have noticed any changes there.I've patched the 'Files Saved' dialog to say "Bitmap saved" instead of "0 files saved" and added cell/coord information to the disassembly of VTP lines/polys. Same URL as before.Cheers,Jim

Guest jimkeir

Hi.I tested last night with an elevation BGL of 91Mb with no problems. How much memory do you have? I don't think there's any easy way to squeeze the memory requirements any more, I'm afraid.Alternatively, if you can tell me how to find the BGL you're having trouble with I can test with that one in case it's just not being read correctly.Cheers,Jim

Hi Jim,thanks for the updates but I'm getting an "error 403: forbidden" when trying the link for LWMViewer above. Anyone else having this problem?Cheers, Holger

Guest HotShot

Same problem here. 403.

Guest Horst

Hello,Same currently here. (download and AutoAsm)Holger, maybe Jim but you on the forbidden list? (Austrian humor :))For lat/long export:I have the same concern, then with tmfdecompress.Maybe only for the MS original files (I think, this will not work). The nice guys from Microsoft should give us the possibility to change the flatten

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Duh. Copied the new files, forgot to set access rights. Both are now visible - I think :(BTW, there's a small problem with the VTP exports - there's a missing linefeed before VTPPolyMethod2Ex. Fixed, but not uploaded.Cheers,Jim

Guest jimkeir

Hi all.OK, V1.3 is now out officially. Thanks for the feedback. There are one or two new things which may be of use, mainly the ability to load an entire folder structure by dragging the folder onto the window instead of individual files.It seems there's a slight incompatibility with AutoASM in this version. It's not serious - it opens up minimised so you need to enlarge the window.http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer.html , as usual. All feedback welcome!Cheers,Jim Keir.

Guest HotShot

Lots of features... quite impressive. Thanks Jim !(btw, the Help > About still displays '1.3a')edit: Huh ?! Nothing shows up when loading Bgls... ?!

Guest jimkeir

Jings, that was fast!Damn, there's always one! The 1.3a is minor, I'll fix that tonight. I'm puzzled about nothing showing up though, I think I'd have spotted that! Which BGLs are you loading? There are a few types it won't display. You *do* have the display enabled for the type of file you're loading?JK

Guest HotShot

>Jings, that was fast!>>Damn, there's always one! The 1.3a is minor, I'll fix that>tonight. I'm puzzled about nothing showing up though, I think>I'd have spotted that! Which BGLs are you loading? There are a>few types it won't display. You *do* have the display enabled>for the type of file you're loading?>>JK>(the 1.3a is purely cosmetic indeed :D)I tried to load some HP950160.bgl file from the FS9 Eurw default directory... LWM etc. checked of course... the filename in the window title is OK, but all menus are still disabled. I tried right-clicking to 'load this area' but it returns a message 'Didn't find any file matching C:Prog[...]Flight Simulator 9Scenery*??950160.bgl'.edit: hmmm... when using the Open by location and entering the coords, it works fine... weird.edit

Guest jimkeir

Congratulations, you found a good one!It seems loading only works if you drop the file on the window - loading at command-line or from the dialog doesn't work!!!OK, I've disabled the download and I'll get this one fixed ASAP. Thanks! In the meantime, you can drop your file on the window and it should work OK.JK

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Okay, got it I think. A real brainfart! x( I'd removed a couple of lines of code which couldn't ever, under any circumstances, get called... Strangely, loading files at the command-line worked OK on my XP machine so that's why I didn't notice it - I rarely use the File->Open command.I've tried the new one on XP, Win2000 Terminal Server and Unix and it now seems to work OK on all platforms from command line, "Open Files" dialog *and* dropping folders and files onto the window.Oh, and the About box now says 1.3 :(Cheers,Jim

Guest HotShot

Thanks ! As perfect as it gets =)

Guest in_04

Hi Jim,I like you program very much.Could you release how you get the proper MS files out of the coordinates? I need this info for a upcoming project.