Sign in to follow this  
GHD

AI Helicopters.

I'm not sure whether this is the correct forum, however I have a problem with AI helicopters in FS9.I've created an afcad with a 1300m long, 20m wide runway and helicopters almost never land. In fact on go-around, they disappear into the wide blue yonder. I did have three doing t&g and they did land once, however I needed to make a change to the afcad file to place hold short nodes at the helipads as they all parked in the same spot and they have never landed since.I'm using the FS2002 Stemme airfile from aheli_6.zip and modified my aircraft cfg to something like the UH60.Is there an equivalent set for FS9?George

Hi George,there is an AI-specific forum further down the list called "TTools" but since you're here...Hard to say what the specific issue is because the runway seems certainly long enough. Sometimes it's interference by terrain, sometimes other traffic that already received landing or TO clearance, sometimes the difference between VFR and IFR approaches, or others. It usually helps to listen in to ATC and to check the AI Traffic Map display.I haven't updated the AI Helicopter Starter Kits to FS9 but Rob Nieuwenhoven recently uploaded a few .air/.cfg combinations for AI choppers to both flightsim and hovercontrol. File name is ai_helos.zipGood luck!Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,I'll download ai_helos now.George