Sign in to follow this  
Guest HSIMAN

SDK ATTACH TOOL TUTORIAL

Guest HSIMAN

Hello gentlemenI experienced a strange event:I did along with the tutorial "attach tool" from SDK.In the "attach empty" section I end up with my beacon rotating vertically (like a wind mill). How do I manage to have it rotating as it shows in the tutorial, horizontally?Also what other kind of light or object can I attach with the "attach empty" method?Is there a list somewhere?Thank you very much for your kind answers and forgive my poor englishFriendlyChristian, Paris,Fr.

Guest Firestriker

Christian,Just a rough guess here but check and make sure the parts pivot point is aligned to the world. I assume the animation rotates around the parts Z axis, the blue arrow of the pivot point. So you should make sure the blue arrow points up.Lou

Guest JR Morgan

Hi -- just another input here: Here's an example of a bit of code that is used in SceneGenX (Copyright MS & shared by Tom Hiscox) that works to put the rotating axis properly on the Z axis on-top-of most objects whose model data allows such attachment of rotating parts:====================================<?xml version="1.0"?>=======================================Maybe this would be a shortcut to understanding the problem and should also allow a user to compare it with the SDK's suggestion. You will need to edit the Lat/Lon location, name, scale and if placing the base object above local scenery ground elevation; it's altitude.J.R

Guest HSIMAN

thanks to you for tyour replies Lou and J.R. Stupid I am! for the rotating problem all I had to do is rotate the box the beacon is attached toThanks anyway for your kind answersbestchristian