Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Jetways2 problem

Guest rellek01

Just installed Shez's updated jetways and I'm getting an error on startup and wherever the jetways are installed.Error says something like5.00000000000 > 1.000000000000Also, It seems the GUID from one or more of the jetways is the same as a GUID from one of my own scenery Libraries that I created with Arno's xml library tool! What are the odds of that happening?I now have jetway forests in Southern California and palm trees around a terminal at kmco.Could the same GUIDs be causing the error (does not crash the sim btw, just stops and lets me know and then loads fine)?Guess I'll have to make another library but how do I keep this from happening in the future(SAME GUIDs that is)Should I play the lottery this week?

Interesting....William S, any ideas?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yes, Arno updated his Library Creator tool after I informed him of the problem of identical GUIDs. I felt this might be a problem but didn't realize it would show up this soon.Exporting via the GMAX exporter pretty much assures a unique GUID, since it is based on an MS GUIDGen.EXE - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...39-adb270833afc .If the original poster could check the Jetway GUID lists for identical GUIDs to his generated GUIDs, and let me know the size of the problem, I'll see what can be done.W. Sieffert

I don't know what the 5.00000000000 > 1.000000000000 error might be. I am assuming you have installed the files as described in the HowTo. Is there a way for you to temporarily remove your library files from the simulator to see if the above error is eliminated once you have your library files removed?Could you provide the entire verbage of the error?By the way, we do need palm trees around KMCO, so just move those palms (jetways) away from the apron! :-lolW. Sieffert

:-lol can you imagine a field full of jetways!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest rellek01

OK, I opened my tree library and changed the last letter of the GUID, recompiled and solved the jetway forest problem.Turns out this particular library was the first one I made as a test with Arno's XML library creator.(which I love btw, Thanks Arno)It had only 1 object.I believe I'm using the latest vesion but will have check on that.Please let me know the version number, Arno's site is down.I deleted the 3 Jetway libraries from the sim and that solved the error. I will reinstall later this afternoon and try it again as I have been looking forward to using them.the error was ===> "5.0000000000 is greater than 1.0000000000"in a small window that paused the loading of the sim untill I clicked it. No crashes though.Also, can I use the attatch script in gmax to place the jetways instead of writing XML files?ThanksRellekBTW, I got some digital photos of KSNA for you and will get more when the security relaxes a little. Damn terrorists ruin things for everybody.

Good to hear but I am wondering if anyone else using the library creator tool might also get the same conflict? Maybe the library creator creates one specific GUID everytime one installs it on a new computer?I would like to have any pics of SNA. I am 85% through the project and am quickly finishing it off. The one pic I would like is a pic of the Martin Aviation hangar.Shez

Shez Ansari

I don't know why that would be an error! The statement is correct! :-lolI believe Arno updated his Library Creator on 5/18/04. He sent me a beta version which I tried and it seemed to work better. I still believe the MS GUIDGen.exe may have a better algorithm. Need Arno to take a look again at his algorithm.I don't know if the attach script will work with Library Objects in this manner.BTW, thanks for changing your GUID, but be careful. The MS GUIDGen.exe take information from the computer it is on, date and time stamp, etc. to generate the GUIDs.W. Sieffert