Sign in to follow this  
Guest lebraun

How to make a polygon with custom texture and autogen?

Guest lebraun

Hi, people!After read a lot of topics about this subject, I have not found a simple answer to my question... :(Let me explain what I want:I want to make little polygons with a grass texture, but with an autogen of vegetation (trees). For example, if my texture of grass is called GRAMA.BMP, what must I do to have my polygons with this texture (GRAMA.BMP) and an autogen with trees? Is this possible?It's important to say that I want both polygons of grass with autogen and polygons of grass without autogen.Please someone explain me 'step-by-step' what must I do with Ground2K4 to reach this (if possible, of course!!)...Thanks a lot!P.S.: Sorry about my English. I'm not good with this!Leandro Braun

Hola Leandro,There is no need to use a texture of your own (grama). For a patch of ground with trees,1) start drawing a new polygon2) define it as VTP2 Poly3) on the VTP2 Polys tab, select a land class value that has trees. There are many to choose from - deciduous, conifer, tropical, mixed, etc.4) finish drawing your polygon. For a patch of grass with no trees, do the same as above, but select a land class value for grass - there are also many of these, grasslands, savannas, park, or just plain grass. Choose the one you like the most.Best regards.Luis

Guest lebraun

Thanks, Luis!But if I choose a landclass that has trees, the ground polygon will have the appearance of forest, no?I want 'grass texturized ground polygons' with autogen of trees inside it. The way to make this is the described for you?I'll try your help!Thanks again!Leandro.

Hola Leandro,If you prefer to use your own grama texture and have autogen trees on it, then it will require a more complicated procedure.Dick Ludowise (Rhumbaflappy) has posted on this numerous times and you can find his explanation on how to create your own textures and make custom autogen for them by searching this forum.Alternatively, you can use Ground2K4 to place your grama texture and then add trees as objects, using Gerrish Gray's great trees library for example, or your own trees if you prefer.Best regards.Luis

Guest lebraun

Thanks a lot, Luis!I