Sign in to follow this  
G.Franco Corrias

Waypoints names in the schema

hi to all,how can I increase from five to six characters the waypoints namesin the bglcomp schema?I updated FS9 waypoint data base with all North Atlantic waypoints required to fly the NAT tracks.Those waypoints need the lat&lon prefixes to be defined.For instance:N54W40 Tanks in advanceGianfranco Corrias

following my previous post:I changed into the bglcomp .XSD the Waypoint Ident "tstring5" in "tstring6".The xml editor accepted this variation and I was able to ident the North Atlantic waypoints with N for Lat and W for Lon and compile the new files. For instance the new waypoint idents are now 54N40W.But the bglcomp compiler changed those names with some completely different and without sense.It seems that the waypoint names have been encrypted.Any help to understand this odd behaviour are welcome.Gianfranco Corrias

Even though you changed the schema, the compiler may be reading only part of your input and somehow converting it. Try changing the schema back to the original, input just the five characters, compile, decompile and review the results.W. Sieffert

Changing back to original schema everything come back to work properly.To give you an idea what happens changing for waypointIdent "ststring5" to "ststring6":waypointIdent"N67W60" has been changed to "/H1O9E"waypointIdent"N66W60" has been changed to"/H0O9E"etc.."ststring6" is also included in the schema but not for waypoint's ident and causes this odd behaviour.Gianfranco Corrias