Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

landclass - splitting big files into LOD5 tiles?

Hi all,I'm working with the GLC2000 landclass data and have encountered two problems:1. The area is larger than a LOD5 tile. Resample.exe (I tried all three versions) compiles the .raw file without problem as one large area except that it places class "255" = water in areas along the edges for which I don't have source data. Any way I can avoid that or have it use "254" = transparent instead?2. For further editing in EZ-Landclass I'd prefer to have the area split into LOD5 (256x256) raw files. What's the easiest approach for that?Obviously, I could cut my source data into LOD5 tiles and export them individually but that seems rather tedious.Cheers, Holger

Guest luissa

Hi Holger,We talked about that before :-) http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...pe=search#15284I think that if you have 1 LOD5 square the raw file should be 257 x 257; if you have 2 LOD5 squares side by side, the raw file should be 257 x 513 and so on. Even when you work on a single LOD5 the 4 LOD5s that surround the single LOD5 can be affected by the classes that you assign to the borders.Regards, Luis

Hi Luis,thanks for the quick response but it doesn't really answer my questions ;-)What I would like to know is whether there's a method for avoiding Resample filling in missing values outside the .raw coverage area as 255 (I'm guessing not) and whether there's an easy method for splitting up large .raw landclass files into LOD5 sections?Cheers, Holger P.S. Come to think of it, perhaps I should have a look how SBuilder does this - I'll check that thread of yours with the European GLC2000 data.

Hi Holger.Create a raw file 100x100 and filled with value #254. In the INF file, make it the size of the whole earth ( with the appropriate celldimensions ). Then multisample, using the whole earth as the second sample... just specify the bounds you want as the destination, and you should get the data with a backdrop of value 254 as a background.Alternately, this could be done in GlobalMapper, or even a paint program, to fill the 255 with 254 and use a single source... but multisource works pretty well.Dick