Sign in to follow this  
Guest pehje

How to measure position with extreme accuracy?

Guest pehje

1. I need to place some fx lights on top of macro objects already in my scenery. I measured using TDCalc2004 with six decimals on the position values. Still, the lights end up systematically off a little. What reference point is TDCalc2004 using? I thought the red cross in Slew mode would be good enough?2. And while I

Guest luissa

Hello Per,I imagine that you can use the BiasX BiasY and BiasZ to shift a second object from a first one. The 2 objects will have the same lat/lon. Regards, Luis

Guest Hans Palsson

Hi Per!Regarding the effect parameters;If you specify only the DAY-parameter, and then assign the value 0 to it, nothing will show up. Use all the parameters (Day, Dusk, Dawn, Night - I think, I don

Guest pehje

My problem is how to place them exactly where I want them. The coordinates I got from TDCalc were not correct for some reason.Per

Guest pehje

Hans, I tried all four with DAY=0 and the rest 1. No difference. I guess the problem is rather something with XML details, caps or non caps etc. Do you have any code example using effectParams that work?Per

Guest sapper42

Per to get the Day Night to work correctly i found this code format would work for lights at Dusk, Night and Dawn but OFF for Day !You need to group your code into NIGHT and DAYthen repeat the same code but change to DUSK and DAWNIf you try to group it all as per the SDK i found it didnt worksplitting it into two seperate groups allowed the lights to work but turn off in the dayexample: rgds Jeff

Guest Hans Palsson

>Hans, I tried all four with DAY=0 and the rest 1. No>difference. I guess the problem is rather something with XML>details, caps or non caps etc. Do you have any code example>using effectParams that work?>>Per>>Hi again Per!I guess I misunderstood you somewhat... I

Guest pehje

No worries. Thanks all of you for good advice. I now know that lack of precision in placing fx lights partly comes from the number of accepted decimals in the MS implementation (XML -> BGL), doesn

Hi Per.I have rewritten the code for TCalc2004 ( TCalc2004 Version2 "TCalc2004_v2_0.exe" . It has improved positioning for Lat-Long. I also found the old program was slightly mispositioned. It should be in the AVSIM Library by Monday, October 25.Look for "TCalc_v2.zip"Dick

Hi Dick,I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that! I just did a batch job of positioning a whole bunch of tiny objects using TCalc 2004 and when I loaded them in FS, some were off by a tiny bit, but it was enough to blow the effect. I thought I was going crazy (that's still not out of the question, btw). But at least I know this position issue might have something to do with it. I'd like to send you a virtual case of brewskis, btw. TCalc2004 is my new Swiss army knife for scenery development. Muchas gracias for taking the time to create it and share with all of us.thanks and :-beerchug

Hi Bill.I lost my original coding, so I had to recreate it... and found out my positioning was slightly off. Actually, Steve Greenwood tried to convince me of this quite some time ago, but I wouldn't believe him. My own stubborness prolonged the problem. :(Try it out, and let me know the results... I think it's OK now.Dick