Sign in to follow this  
Guest bnick

GEN SCENERY in FS9

Guest tomcjones

I am using ExcludeBuilderv2 and I am trying to remove all those buildings that appear within the airport when the AutoGen slider is not off. With ExcludeBuilderV2 the only way to delete those houses on the airport is to select "ALL OBJECTS" which I dont want to do since this deletes other items that I want to stay on the airport.Any input would be appreciated.RegardsTom Jones

Hi Tom,others will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you only have two options:(1) many tiny excludes that work around the buildings you'd like to retain, or(2) setting up a VTP landclass-textured polygon (with Ground2K4 or other utilities), with a non-autogen texture, such as grass #128.Then again, maybe AfW or FSSC has an option for autogen excludes?Cheers, Holger

I think Holger is right.You can either use a lot of small excludes or cover the landclass with a VTP polygon that has no autogen. This should also remove it. If the autogen is associated with roads for example you could remove it by removing the road with a VTP exclude.AFW or FSSC don't have an option to exclude autogen (there is no command to just exclude autogen actually).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest tomcjones

Thanks guys for the input. Hats of the the author of ExcBuilderV2. It is extremely easy to create exclude files. I created several as suggested and removed thos gen building from the airport property.ThanksTom Jones

Guest bnick

Tom - Hi, Just as a point of interest I have been using Architect2K's exclude utility for quite some time now, but it is so difficult to exclude with a program that was written for FS2k...As most of us have read Microsoft made a correction with FS9 as to it's WGS84 lat/long projections, from the way it projected them in FS2k...In the example below you can see the white line I created in Architect2k, which was a FS2k program using the FS2k coordinate system... Look how far off it is in relation to the FS9 airport...The outer white line is the Airport property and the inner white lines were the 2 runways...I too have seen the wisdom with multiple small excludes but it has been a real guessing game as to where they actually lay in FS9 when I'm using FS2k tools... This ExcludeBuilderv2 program sounds very interesting considering how far off my old FS2K scenery builder is...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79864.jpg