Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougbr2000

Airport lighting and other problems.

Guest dougbr2000

I am fairly new to scenery design and I am trying to understand where scenery is generated from. I plan to use AFCAD2 and FSSC to facilitate my sceneries. Here are my questions.Runway lights. In FSSC we select the type of runway approach lighting, what is genrating these lights in FS9, a macro from FSSC or within FS9 program. My problem is that the approach lights for my first airport are different to the FSSC options, what can I do ?Using AFCAD2 & FSSC together. Can I layer an afcad design system of runways and taxiways etc and then layer the buildings from FSSC in FS9. My problem AFCAD produces better runways etc, but has no background image import for placement, whereas FSSC does and can easily place runways buildings etc. Can someone recommend a way of combining both.Will AFCAD have scenery object and building placement in future issues as well as the all important background image. If we had the features of both AFCAD2 and FSSC in 1 programme it would be great.Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Guest gorchi

Hi!>quote:Runway lights. In FSSC we select the type of runway approach lighting, what is genrating these lights in FS9, a macro from FSSC or within FS9 program. My problem is that the approach lights for my first airport are different to the FSSC options, what can I do ?Runway lights can be part of Runway command in SCASM so they are generated automatically. You just tell how Runway should look, SCASM compiles that to BGL and FS then draws runway as it was programmed. It is true, that not all approach lightning is remade in FS, I think in Russia they have some different approach lightning so the only way to recreate such lightning is to make own API. I have recreated CALVERT-II approach (and SALS and so on) just because there are so many details around the airport that I simply needed this detailed too. Idea is simple. You create light poles, as many as they are different (fortunately I have only two different poles; difference is only in colour of light). Then You put these poles in library (very important!) and create macro (API namely) and put every pole there by hand. I have created this macro for CALVERT in about 30 min, after I found diagram for the lights.>quote:Using AFCAD2 & FSSC together. Can I layer an afcad design system of runways and taxiways etc and then layer the buildings from FSSC in FS9. My problem AFCAD produces better runways etc, but has no background image import for placement, whereas FSSC does and can easily place runways buildings etc. Can someone recommend a way of combining both.Yes, you can do it this way. Create AFCAD2 file first, put it in the FS and then create screenshoots in TOP-DOWN view. Then glue them together and use it as a background in FSSC. You will probably need to make some small excludes to eliminate default buildings and then You can start building Your own airport. But my personal opinion is that I can have better and more accurate ground using FSSC; I have liberty to put just about any API, wheter it is used for ground or as object.>quote:Will AFCAD have scenery object and building placement in future issues as well as the all important background image. If we had the features of both AFCAD2 and FSSC in 1 programme it would be great.Many of us have asked this before but I think this is question for Lee Swordy.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest dougbr2000

GoranThank you for the info, I was hoping there was a way of simply designating a pattern for scasm. I have started by making poles and lights as you said, it is more effective because all airport lights are on poles, something lacking in FS2K4.It`s good to have such good cooperation in the world there you are in Slovenija and I`m here in Brasil, this FS is a good medium in brining our world together.Thanks agianBest Regards