Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Forest GIS > export bmp > Ground2k help

OK, I got my shape files reprojected to lat/long and took an export image to a bmp file. I can get the NW corner out of the world file that is created, but what's the formula to get the SE?the image size is 2120 x 1490 pixelsthe world file is:0.00011411777965645200-0.000114117779656453-158.20697256196321.451857221999Am I right that it is just -158.206 + (2120 * .000114)21.451 + (1490 * (-.000114)) ?scott s..

Hi scott.Yep.You can copy either formula to windows' calc progam, and it will quickly compute it:( -158.206 + ( 2120 * 0.000114117779656452 ) )( 21.451 + ( 1490 * ( -0.000114117779656453 ) ) )( use CRTL-v to paste it to the calc window )Dick

Guest Horst

Hello Scott and Dick,I am not sure here, and please correct me, when I am wrong.Scott, Dick described it also here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=6159&mode=fullYour pixel height and width looks more to be rectangular.Your XDimdeg and YDimdeg more to a square.And I think you should not use the minus for the Dimdeg.Scott, maybe you are wrong with some of the parameters?RegardsHorst

When you export an image in fGIS, you draw a rectangle over the data of interest to create an extent. So you can make this square or not as you desire. In my case, it encompased a portion of an island which resides in a single LOD 8 cell. I tried not to include too much excess to keep the .bmp file size down. I just loaded up the .bmp in an editor and read out the image details. fGIS at the same time creates a .BPW file, which contains the world file data for the extent.Since I created this, I have also reprojected a landsat raster georeffed .jpg of my project. I was using the help in the www.digitalgrove.net tutorial, but found a missing step: my raster image was projected in NUTM04 (as ECW header editor calls it) NAD83. In ERDAS Viewfinder, to reproject into geographic/WGS84, you have to select the "Change Output Pixel Size" option, use "auto convert", and set Units to "degrees". That might have been mentioned in one of the other threads here, not sure.I used the formulas to compute NW / SE corners for ground2k4 background, and drew a new coast/LWM (so far). I then overlayed my output .bgl over the FSGenesis 10m DEM in the project area in LWMViewer, and my coast follows the DEM very well, so I am happy (at least at this point). My next step will be to use the beta LWM flatten remover for my cell in the MS default, and then see how it looks.scott s..