Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Ground2k question

Guest pks1414

Close....I am sure that I have read somewhere that when obtaining a Map for the background, the best height to slew to is 18,000ft, this then matches better in Ground2K for adding roads etc.Also when getting to that point you can press??? and actually look down to take the screen print.If I am being a complete dork here apologies if not...help pleaseThanks Paul

Hello Paul, I am not sure that there is a best altitude for screenshots. It does not really matter to Ground2K4 at all, in any case.Here is what I do, but others may try different methods: place a grid on the scenery using Dick Ludowise's CellGrid, slew above the scenery (press the "Y" key to slew), switch to "Top-Down" View, align with magnetic North (press the Space Bar), and take the screenshot (usually, this mean pressing the "Print Screen" key.)Then, determine the coordinates of the North-west and South-east corners of the scenery using Dick's TDFCalc.Crop that screenshot to the precise corners and then resize so that each Area is 256 x 256 pixels. This gives a precise one-to-one correspondance betweeen the image and the Ground2k4 drawing.There are a number of screenshot capture utilities in the AvSim library, although I use Martin Wright's MultiGrab.Best regards.Luis