Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

bglpatch -- success and problem

My project mainly involves correcting an ocean coast surrounding an island covering 4 cells. My first cell is 46,195. The associated LWM default file is HP905240.bgl. Using bglpatch, it couldn't find the default file when I used SceneryOcensceneryHP905240.bgl. When I copied the file into the bglpatch directory, it worked correctly, and also created the SceneryBackup directory with the files in the path. I am assuming the .dat file is correct (all 00 bytes except for one which is 01).I will be working on 46,194 next so will check out how subsequent edits of the default file work.scott s..

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Did you download the updated version (from June 7th)? That fixed quite a few things, including a serious problem with VTP files. If you *did*, then it's possible it didn't correctly find your FS2004 installation.The .dat is really simple, it just contains one byte per cell in the original BGL. Each byte contains the number of times a cell has been removed; this is so that if more than one scenery pack causes the same cell to be removed, it will stay removed if one of the addons is used to un-patch.http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/bglpatch.zipIf you get the new one and it still doesn't work well, could you post the output messages?Cheers,Jim.

Maybe I was supposed to use a full pathname? I usedbglpatch oahucell46_195_03.bgl SceneryocensceneryHP905240.bglThere is a registry entry for 9.0.The response isCan't open "SceneryocensceneryHP905240.bgl" : No such file or directoryFWIW I pulled out a second cell (using a copy of the file in the bglpatch directory) and that worked too, and the .dat file was properly updated.scott s..

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Sorry for the wait, I've been a little busy. The destination file is checked for under the current folder, then under Scenery. So, if you make the second path "ocenSceneryHP905240.bgl", it should work.If it still doesn't work, there's a great tool called "Filemon" available from www.sysinternals.com which will show you exactly what files are being accessed in real-time. Set a filter for '*.bgl', you'll be able to see where it's looking.Cheers,Jim